Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I've been corrupted (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ive-been-corrupted-t4605.html)

newquiltertoni 02-17-2008 01:13 PM

Okay, I think I am going to give in and let you all corrupt me! I have waited patiently for the white flannel to finish Levi's quilt and they haven't got any more in yet! We don't have a variety of stores around here so I am stuck in the waiting game. Anyway I am itching to sew and against my better judgment of having UFO's I think I am succumbing to the bad side and am going to start something else......UGH there I said it. I am going to attempt the BOM first and check again before I actually start something else but if they don't have it by tomorrow I am moving on!!

This is all the fault of my quilting friends on here you know! I didn't want to do this UFO thing because I am afraid it will be compulsive and there won't be any looking back..... :) I hope you are all happy!! :D

Yvonne 02-17-2008 01:20 PM

Toni,
You're welcome! :lol: :lol:
Our job here is done! :mrgreen: (evil laugh)

Denise 02-17-2008 01:35 PM

i agree with yvonne... lol... good to hear your going for it toni...

ccbear66 02-17-2008 01:42 PM

You are not a true quilter until you have a pile of UFO's and a stash of fabric. Now you can say you are a true quilter.

sandpat 02-17-2008 03:23 PM

Great...now the I don't feel so bad looking at the stack of UFO's on my chair! A good excuse is the I only have 1 machine and don't want to change out the threads all the time...heh..heh..hehe :oops: :oops: :shock:

Minda 02-17-2008 03:33 PM

It was going to happen sooner or later. You can't be a true quilter without UFOs.

vicki reno 02-17-2008 04:01 PM

So glad we could help :!: :thumbup:
Now at least you will know how it is to have a gazillion UFO's. :lol: I say gazillion because UFOism is contagious :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kind of like chicken pox or the easles. Once you have one you are bound to end up with more and no idea how they got there. :lol:

bebe 02-17-2008 06:14 PM

Hey Toni,
Glad we could be of help in convincing you that UFO's are necessary!!!! You are not a quilter until you have all kinds of UFO's in your stash. They help create fun and stress at the same time. They help build your stash and give you an excuse to buy more fabric. Join the rest of us who have UFO's. HEHEHE!!! Welcome to the world of quilting!!!

Bebe

bj 02-17-2008 06:23 PM

Ok, Toni, I'm going to the quilt side with you. I have a table runner I made from the leftover strips of a charity quilt...fabric not chosen by me...that I am going to purposely not finish. According to a consensus on this site, you can't be a true quilter without a UFO or two. This will be my designated UFO, and I promise it has nothing to do with the fact that the fabric is kind of ugly. Really! :) :twisted: :wink:

Quilting Aggi 02-17-2008 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by ccbear66
You are not a true quilter until you have a pile of UFO's and a stash of fabric. Now you can say you are a true quilter.

ain't that the truth!!! and I'm right along with her. I printed off the BOM for this month to add just ONE more UFO to the growing pile!!! I need another ufo like I need a hole in the head LOL

Cheers
Andrea