Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Jamone vs Kenmore needles (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/jamone-vs-kenmore-needles-t98919.html)

carolaug 02-11-2011 08:04 PM

I read that you can use the kenmore sewing needles for the Jamone sewing machines. I had my husband pick up a few while he was at sears last week. I finally broke a needle so I put in the Kenmore one...it works...so if you need needles for your Jamone its another option for you. I have not looked to see if its cheaper. I am just glad I can pop into Sears when I need them..... I just checked...they are cheaper. The ones at sears are only 4.99 a pack

Blue's quilting mama 02-11-2011 08:08 PM

Kenmore sewing machines are made by Janome. My Kenmore is identical to the Janome I was going to buy.

scowlkat 02-11-2011 08:13 PM

Most machines these days use standard type needles that are interchangeable. I have used Schmetz and Klasse needles in my Janomes, Brother and now Babylock machine with no problem.

carolaug 02-11-2011 08:18 PM

I had a Kenmore prior to my Janome...I really liked it...wonderful workhorse.

Originally Posted by Blue's quilting mama
Kenmore sewing machines are made by Janome. My Kenmore is identical to the Janome I was going to buy.

BellaBoo 02-11-2011 08:19 PM

Janome, Brother, and Kenmore are made by the same company. That's why Kenmore is back to being the quality machine it use to be. Top of the line Kenmores are excellent machines, cost hundreds less, and worth taking a look at.

sewwhat85 02-11-2011 09:25 PM

i find most all machines will work with the same needle

MillieH 02-12-2011 05:57 AM

Needles are standardized across the industry now. I just wish they would standardize sewing machine feet!

phatquilts2 02-12-2011 06:12 AM

Glad this posting was started. Just bought some Kenmore bobbins last week and this is so funny because I was passing through the store and saw the sewing department.

Being curious I took a quick browse. They had clear bobbins but there was no "class" identified on the package front or back. Previously, in buying clear bobbins I had to note that they are not the same. One type has a curved surface and the other type is flat. They are not inter-changeable. Ask me how I know.

Took them home and [at least for me] these flat ones fit my Janome.
Yipee, a package is half the cost of the others from the local sewing/repair shop.
Hush, let us not tell or the price will be raised. :-)

carolaug 02-12-2011 06:16 AM

I was wondering about the bobbins...I have a friend with an older brothers and that did not work in my Kenmore. I wonder if the Kenmore bobbins with fit in my janome...time to try it.

Originally Posted by phatquilts2
Glad this posting was started. Just bought some Kenmore bobbins last week and this is so funny because I was passing through the store and saw the sewing department.

Being curious I took a quick browse. They had clear bobbins but there was no "class" identified on the package front or back. Previously, in buying clear bobbins I had to note that they are not the same. One type has a curved surface and the other type is flat. They are not inter-changeable. Ask me how I know.

Took them home and [at least for me] these flat ones fit my Janome.
Yipee, a package is half the cost of the others from the local sewing/repair shop.
Hush, let us not tell or the price will be raised. :-)

MillieH 02-12-2011 06:40 AM

Yes--bobbins are another thing I wish was standardized!