Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are Jane Sassaman's fabrics included in the Electric Quilt 7 database? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/jane-sassamans-fabrics-included-electric-quilt-7-database-t285148.html)

pidgie 01-11-2017 12:55 PM

Are Jane Sassaman's fabrics included in the Electric Quilt 7 database?

Hi. I'm new to quilting and am thinking about getting Electric Quilt 7. Does anyone with this software know if Jane Sassaman's fabric is included? Most of my fabric is from various collections of hers, and whether or not it comes with images of them is a moderate determining factor in whether or not I buy it.

I'm also eyeing some fabric that I don't actually own (in the hopes it would go with fabric I already have) and it'd be so much more convenient to play around with it with the software than to get images off the internet, try to determine scale, and hope the colors are accurate enough.

Thanks!

rryder 01-11-2017 01:09 PM

I don't know if her fabrics are included in the fabric images that come with EQ7, but you can scan your fabrics yourself and upload them to the program.

Rob

Peckish 01-11-2017 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 7738908)
you can scan your fabrics yourself and upload them to the program.

You don't even have to go that far. You can simply right-click on any fabric image, save it to your computer, then upload it into EQ. Electric Quilt and many fabric manufacturers such as Moda also have free downloadable files of their fabrics available just for this purpose.

pidgie 01-11-2017 04:26 PM

Do you know if there is a standardized sizing system for the downloadable files or do you have to figure out what scale the fabric image is on your own?

Peckish 01-11-2017 10:15 PM

The downloadable files are ready-to-use. You don't need to scale them.

Sandygirl 01-12-2017 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 7739032)
You don't even have to go that far. You can simply right-click on any fabric image, save it to your computer, then upload it into EQ. Electric Quilt and many fabric manufacturers such as Moda also have free downloadable files of their fabrics available just for this purpose.

True!
Sandy

pidgie 01-12-2017 02:27 PM

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the information. So no one knows whether or not images of Jane Sassaman fabric is already included in EQ7?

quiltsRfun 01-12-2017 02:46 PM

If it's a current collection I doubt that they are.

pidgie 01-12-2017 03:02 PM

Thanks. The more recent collections I can do without, since there appear to be downloadable images online, it's mostly the fabrics from 2005 (Paradise Garden) and earlier that I need.

quiltingshorttimer 01-12-2017 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by pidgie (Post 7739692)
Thanks. The more recent collections I can do without, since there appear to be downloadable images online, it's mostly the fabrics from 2005 (Paradise Garden) and earlier that I need.

even if they aren't or you don't want to scan them, which is the other option when there is fabric that you can't find image on-line, you can always choose from a similar fabric or the main color in the fabric library to give you some idea what it would look like.