Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome 15000 -iPAD connectivity!!! Wow! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-15000-ipad-connectivity-wow-t228772.html)

Sandygirl 08-26-2013 02:40 AM

Janome 15000 -iPAD connectivity!!! Wow!

A few weeks ago I was talking to a Janome dealer who wanted to sell her Janome Horizon 12000 floor model. The price she quoted was incredible! I was salivating.....ready to pull the trigger on it. Texted DH and he nixed it. Reality check! I patted my 9700 when I got home.

THEN....i get the email today...the NEW JANOME 15000 with IPAD connectivity!!! Now....i know that machine is waaaaaaay out of reach for my budget! Sigh....

Sandy

Misty's Mom 08-26-2013 02:53 AM

But, just thnk you might now get the 12000 for an even better price. I was talking to my dealer this past Saturday and he even mentioned a fantastic price on the show models of the 12000. I love my 12000. I got it last year after the Houston quilt show for a good price, but the price for a quilt show 12000 this year sounded even better. I'm staying with my 12000.

klgls 08-26-2013 02:56 AM

I just got an e-mail from Janome about the 15000 - looks awesome! However, way beyond my budget right now. Will have to stick with my little 6600P - which I love! :)

Dolphyngyrl 08-26-2013 04:04 AM

I don't understand the need for ipad conectivity unless they have new embroidery programs compatible with it

Misty's Mom 08-26-2013 04:18 AM

From what I understand, you can plan your design, but you still have to send it through horizon link. So you still need a laptop or pc with a disk drive. Personally, I don't need to watch my stitches stitch out if I walk away. If I want to watch, I'll stay with the machine. I thought one of the features was that you didn't need to watch it every second. Waiting to see other details on it, but I'm staying with what I've got.

DOTTYMO 08-26-2013 04:26 AM

I can't see how the iPad connects to the janome. I have just had a terrible time try to link the iPad with a printer. Idid not have a wps button on the router. So after a. Few conversations with sky to eventually find a person who agreed my router did not have the button I was given new hub with button at no cost. How would you link to he computer they have leads not wifi .
I have noticed that sewing machines everyone enjoy are very rarely Available at low prices. I should go or what you can afford. You could always exchange that later for a more up to date machine.

BellaBoo 08-26-2013 04:28 AM

I hope your DH had a good reason to tell you no and not just an excuse of you don't need it. I'm sure one will come your way. Just when I know the new machine I want another one comes on the market. Baby Loc has a brand new one now.

Misty's Mom 08-26-2013 04:51 AM

The iPads connect with the janome thru a wireless Bluetooth connection.

romanojg 08-26-2013 05:34 AM

I don't understand the purpose of them connecting though. You can't install software on a tablet so I don't see what all benefits it would hold. Even if there was an app, the limitations would be great I'd assume. I don't even connect my pc to my machine. I put all of my designs onto an USB and then take them to my machine. I will set up my laptop by my machine especially when I'm doing color changes and not using the same threads as the orginal design calls for. My software allows me to tell it or the machine to pull all colors from my inventory that I have on hand no matter what company that makes it. I would really love to see how the Ipad works with it and what purpose it serves.

This is the time of the yr that all of the new goodies are showing up. Viking unviels their new machines next month, they have 5 of them, one with a 16in harp. Plus the new 6D Pro is being offered. I love technology and how it can really enhance our lives, as frustrating as it is at times too. If anyone knows how the ipad interacts I'd love to hear.

Misty's Mom 08-26-2013 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg (Post 6256084)
I don't understand the purpose of them connecting though. You can't install software on a tablet so I don't see what all benefits it would hold. Even if there was an app, the limitations would be great I'd assume. I don't even connect my pc to my machine. I put all of my designs onto an USB and then take them to my machine. I will set up my laptop by my machine especially when I'm doing color changes and not using the same threads as the orginal design calls for. My software allows me to tell it or the machine to pull all colors from my inventory that I have on hand no matter what company that makes it. I would really love to see how the Ipad works with it and what purpose it serves.

This is the time of the yr that all of the new goodies are showing up. Viking unviels their new machines next month, they have 5 of them, one with a 16in harp. Plus the new 6D Pro is being offered. I love technology and how it can really enhance our lives, as frustrating as it is at times too. If anyone knows how the ipad interacts I'd love to hear.

I agree with you 100%. Seems to me all you get to do is watch it, not worth the extra money for that. As far as the size if the screen on the machine, I configure my designs on my laptop, so no big deal to me. Go to Janomes website and it might answer your questions. Or, go to the janome 12000 yahoo group. They talk about the 15000 there also. I still want to look at it and touch it, but for the money, it won't be following me home.