Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome 1600p vs Brother1500s vs Juki 2101Q/2000Qi (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-1600p-vs-brother1500s-vs-juki-2101q-2000qi-t141900.html)

BluegrassGurl 08-01-2011 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by 1000projects
bluegrass gurl ... do you have a frame? let me know what you get. :-)

I don't have a frame.... yet. Shopping for that too.

DebsShelties 08-01-2011 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by 1234Irene
Ok, that makes 3of us wandering the same thing. I also have a grace frame that I use with my brother 1250d embroidery machine. I am stuck on brother machines, absolutely LOVE them, and can get one locally here for about 800. bUT was wandering is that extra inch and a half really worth 800 dollars?

Have you looked online to see if you can get a better price? I got mine online for $599 free shipping, no tax.

1000projects 08-01-2011 03:52 PM

Bluegrass Gurl ... you can probably get a frame used. they take up a huge amount of room, so when someone is done with it, they area really DONE with it. I got mine on craigslist :-) it had been listed for more than 6 months, I believe, with a reducing price.

snipforfun 08-01-2011 03:58 PM

My Brother has a thread cutter. Just not one in the foot pedal. I know a few people that have the Juki with the thread cutter in foot pedal and they all have disconnected it as they were accidently cutting thread when they didnt mean to!

1234Irene 08-01-2011 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by DebsShelties

Ok, that makes 3of us wandering the same thing. I also have a grace frame that I use with my brother 1250d embroidery machine. I am stuck on brother machines, absolutely LOVE them, and can get one locally here for about 800. bUT was wandering is that extra inch and a half really worth 800 dollars?

Have you looked online to see if you can get a better price? I got mine online for $599 free shipping, no tax.

To me being retired, and on a budget, that still seems like a lot of money for 1 1/2 inches.....do YOU think it would be worth it? I've thought not having to move my machine back and forth would be nice, but........
Then I think if I ever dropped it trying to get it on the tray, I would loath myself for not getting one...

LaRae 08-01-2011 10:01 PM

Oh, I have the Janome 1600p and I absolutely love it. One thing about Janomes...they are quiet. You get going at 1600 spm and you need a quiet machine. It has a thread cutter which is a plus for quilting. I have mine on a Pinnacle quilting frame and use a Stitch Regulator with it. I also have the Janome 10000 since 2003 and that thing just keeps humming along.
They must be a best kept secret because I had never even heard of a Janome before I went in to buy a new machine and one test drive had me hooked. If you test drove it and loved it...get it...you won't regret it at all! Not only that, you will have a shop you can take it to if you do have problems or want it cleaned and they will also show you how to use it. Great warranty on them too.
I have two friends that also bought Janomes after using mine.
Good Luck!

DebsShelties 08-02-2011 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by DebsShelties

To me being retired, and on a budget, that still seems like a lot of money for 1 1/2 inches.....do YOU think it would be worth it? I've thought not having to move my machine back and forth would be nice, but........
Then I think if I ever dropped it trying to get it on the tray, I would loath myself for not getting one...

I found that the machine is well worth the money I spent. It has what I need compared to the other ones I looked at.

Wendys Quilts 08-02-2011 02:05 AM

I have the Brother PQ1500S machine and it works great. It has the thread cutter. I have it set up on my HQ2 frame with the Grace stitch regulator and a laser. The set up is perfect for me right now. I bought it on ebay for $700, free shipping.

1000projects 08-02-2011 03:38 AM

Yes, it is a lot of money for 1.5"! With a frame, it might be worth it.

One consideration for frame users - the janome has the cut button closer to the front - easier to use on the frame.

1234Irene 08-02-2011 04:23 AM

Can anyone post some pics of their quilting done with these machines? I would really REALLY like to see some...