Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   janome 6000 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-6000-a-t196329.html)

debquilts2 07-31-2012 07:39 AM

janome 6000

Need some opions on the janome 6000 would like to trade in my bernina for one what do you all think?????

Patti25314 07-31-2012 07:52 AM

Which Bernina do you have? And it looks like the Janome 6000 is an older machine.

quiltstringz 07-31-2012 08:27 AM

Just a thought on Trade Ins - you normally don't get too much at a Dealer, I have found that one of the best ways to sell a machine is put ads up in your local quiltshop if they have a bulletin board and advertising (usually $10 or less) in a Quild Newsletter.

debquilts2 07-31-2012 09:49 AM

sorry it is the 6600 janome

KatiesMom 07-31-2012 11:09 AM

If you can afford to keep it I would and did, now I have all these little DN that come over and I have taught them to sew. Setting up my machines on the dining room table and having a great time. And was able to give one away and that was priceless.

s

DogHouseMom 07-31-2012 03:10 PM

I think you'll find that a very large percentage of folks that have the 6600 love them, myself included.

But ... what model is your Bernina and what features does it lack that the 6600 has? If those features are very important to you then by all means trade (or as others mention keep the Bernina and buy the 6600 - even if you buy a nice used 6600 from a reputable dealer).

The features of the 6600 that I simply will not do without: Integrated dual feed foot (including a foot with 1/4 guide - I piece with a dual feed foot ALL THE TIME), needle down on stop, thread cutter, and wider harp than a lot of machines. Others have also said they love the separate motor for the bobbin winder so you can wind a bobbin while sewing. The one time I tried to wind a bobbin while I still had my top stitch thread threaded through the machine - the two of them got horribly intertwined and created a great big mess (and I wasn't even running the machine). I think that was a "user" problem though as I seem to be the only complainer in that camp :)

IAmCatOwned 07-31-2012 03:20 PM

Ok.. well that's weird. I can't imagine anybody trading in their Bernina for a Janome unless you had a lemon. NOT that Janomes suck, but well, is your Bernina that old or a lemon or something? Just wondering. I WOULD have bought a Janome had they not had an interest free special deal on the 440 for the closeout.

QuiltE 07-31-2012 04:04 PM

ditto to the previous comments ... consider all in your decision!

As for the Janome 6600, I bought one a year ago and have been thrilled with it from the start.

I don't know where in Ontario you are ... the CNE opens Aug 17th and Janome has a large display with demo machines there for you to try. Also, there are always show specials/prices that are better than the day-to-day store pricings. I didn't go with any intent at even looking at machines, let alone purchasing as I was working at The EX. Although I had planned to start my research in the winter with a purchase this spring. Well, one day, I pretty much tripped over my dealer and just had a chat about what would be my next step up. Two days later, the deal was made!

If you're interested in more info about buying at The EX, send me a PM and I'll give you some extra tips and answer any of your questions.