Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome 6600 and Horizon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-6600-horizon-t172843.html)

snipforfun 12-25-2011 10:40 AM

I understand that Janome is having a price increase Jan. 1

annesthreads 12-25-2011 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by snipforfun (Post 4810057)

I'd heard that too. Dare I buy a machine this week...?!

pinkberrykay 12-25-2011 02:48 PM

My Janome dealer told me the same thing, I think she said 8% across the board.

Originally Posted by snipforfun (Post 4810057)

tjradj 12-25-2011 03:27 PM

I have had my Horizon for just over a year and LOVE it. I moved up from a Janome 6260QC, so it was a big leap to a computerized machine - so I thought. The Janome people have made this machine so user friendly that it's easy. There's a DVD for learning the basics, and their owners manual is very easy to find things. At first I saved the Horizon "just for quilting" and kept piecing on my old machine, but it didn't take long to miss the bells and whistles on the Horizon when I didn't have them. For instance - now I get so frustrated if I'm using a machine without a thread cutter! I guess I'm spoiled.

Rose Marie 12-26-2011 06:45 AM

My Sapphire 830 has a 10 inch throat and a needle down feature that I love. When the needle down is on and you stop sewing the foot pops up just a little so you can turn or feed another piece of fabric thru easily. I bought mine new several years ago for 1100 so used would be alot cheaper now. This is a good machine and have only had to service it, no repairs.

Daffy Daphne 12-26-2011 08:59 AM

I've had my Horizon for a year and a half, and I love it! It's my first Janome and the learning curve wasn't a problem, so since you're already familiar with Janome machines, I'm sure you'd have no trouble at all. Go for it!

Wintersewer 12-26-2011 09:55 AM

But does it have a built in walking foot?

Originally Posted by Rose Marie (Post 4811698)
My Sapphire 830 has a 10 inch throat and a needle down feature that I love. When the needle down is on and you stop sewing the foot pops up just a little so you can turn or feed another piece of fabric thru easily. I bought mine new several years ago for 1100 so used would be alot cheaper now. This is a good machine and have only had to service it, no repairs.

Rose Marie 12-27-2011 06:19 AM

No it dosnt have a built in walking foot but it is not that much trouble to put one on.

Rose Marie 12-27-2011 06:46 AM

I have heard so much good about the 6600. What are all the features?
My Viking is a great machine but would like to know what features everyone likes best on their machines.
My dealership and repair for Vikings is the main reason for buying one. Its important to get good service.
Berninas are way overpriced so ruled them out.