Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome machine speeds up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-machine-speeds-up-t311931.html)

lillybo 07-26-2020 09:11 AM

Janome machine speeds up

I have a janome memory craft machine. It works great then all of a sudden it speeds up the only way to stop it is to unplug the foot pedal. Thinking it is the foot pedal started only using the start/stop button and iit does the same thing. At this point I have to stop it by turning the machine off. If I am doing embroidery it can go perfect thru some projects but then all of a sudden it speeds up and has to be turned off by on/off switch. Of course I loose the project I am working on. It has been in the repair shop in the past but still does it. Has this happened to anyone else?

osewme 07-26-2020 10:44 AM

This exact thing has not happened to me but something similar on my Janome Magnolia 7330 machine. About 3 months after I bought it I was sewing & let up on the foot pedal & it kept sewing. It would not stop. I had to unplug my foot pedal to get it to stop. Then, out of the clear blue it would start sewing when I wasn't even sitting at the machine. I took it in to the repair shop & was explaining what was going on to the repair man & low & behold .... it started sewing as we were talking & just looking at the machine. He checked it all out for me & replaced the foot pedal (it was still under warranty so Janome paid for the service call & foot pedal). That solved my problem.

nannie 07-26-2020 10:49 AM

same thing with my 9700 janome.
Haven't had it serviced. Just cut off let it reset.
Keep us updated on your finding out the problem.

lillybo 07-26-2020 03:50 PM

How did you reset it?

Jordan 07-26-2020 03:58 PM

The same happened to me and I had to take it to the dealer. He said it was in the foot pedal and replaced that and luckily it was under warranty. I had a Janome 6600MC so I am wondering if this is a problem with that model.

lillybo 07-26-2020 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 8405169)
The same happened to me and I had to take it to the dealer. He said it was in the foot pedal and replaced that and luckily it was under warranty. I had a Janome 6600MC so I am wondering if this is a problem with that model.

Did yours do it even if you used the stop/start button? Or the embroidery mode when the foot pedal isn't even plugged in?

nannie 07-26-2020 05:38 PM

turning machine off , let it reset.

Peckish 07-26-2020 07:31 PM

You might try cleaning out the foot pedal. If you can't clean it, replace it.

patricej 07-27-2020 01:04 AM

i noted that you said it happens when you are not using the foot pedal.
is the pedal disconnected from the machine?

if the pedal is disconnected while it still happens just using start/stop button then the problem is likely somewhere within the machine's electronics.

either way, take it to the shop.
it's a serious safety hazard.