Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome mc6600 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-mc6600-t213012.html)

Ben 02-05-2013 04:46 AM

Janome mc6600

Has anyone ever had trouble with this machine? I bought my wife this machine for Christmas and were have trouble with it already, it jams up and leaves a rats nest on the bottom side like the bobbin isn't quite right and we rethread everything and sews good for a while then messes up again. And I can't get it to sew for me to save my life. I've come to the conclusion that it don't like me a bit! Any info would be great. Thanks in advance!

skowron5 02-05-2013 05:04 AM

I have the Janome 6600p I think it is the same machine. I bought it about 1 1/2 years ago and have a lot of trouble with mine. Try using really good thread. I know it sounds silly, but mine will not sew unless I use good thread. I had to have a new motherboard put in 2 months after I got it. It works fine now. Take it back to the dealer and have them look at it. I hope you have a good service person in your area. I had a hard time finding one in mine. When they are working they are a great machine. I know you will get lot's of people on here that love the machines, but like anything there are lemons out there. I even called Janome directly and they were not interested in any problems I had.

Good Luck.

ohstr 02-05-2013 05:06 AM

If you purchased it from a dealer - I would give them a call to schedule an appointment for them to take a look at the machine. If you purchased it from an individual - you still need to contact a repair type person - sometimes it takes a repair man to find what is causing the problem. I have this same machine and it is a wonderful machine - I hope you can resolve this issue and she will be able to enjoy this machine.... Good Luck -

Ben 02-05-2013 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by skowron5 (Post 5839418)
I have the Janome 6600p I think it is the same machine. I bought it about 1 1/2 years ago and have a lot of trouble with mine. Try using really good thread. I know it sounds silly, but mine will not sew unless I use good thread. I had to have a new motherboard put in 2 months after I got it. It works fine now. Take it back to the dealer and have them look at it. I hope you have a good service person in your area. I had a hard time finding one in mine. When they are working they are a great machine.

Were going to take it back to where we bought it I believe she uses coats and Clark thread. Is that a good thread?

skowron5 02-05-2013 05:21 AM

Mine will not work with Coats & Clark. It likes Aurifil you have to buy online. Gutterman you can get at Joann's it works pretty good with that.

Ben 02-05-2013 05:23 AM

I do know she uses the gutterman also but will have to see what she is using currently.

Raggiemom 02-05-2013 05:27 AM

Not to be insulting, but are you sure it's threaded correctly? Several times I thought I had mine done right, but when I looked, the thread had slipped off the upper thread tension control. Also, like others have said, my 6600 is VERY picky about thread. I generally use Aurifil in it. Hope you're able to figure out the problem, it is a great machine when operating smoothly.

nabobw 02-05-2013 05:31 AM

I had one and never had a problem with it. Used any thread.

sewmom 02-05-2013 05:34 AM

Coats and clark thread is kind of linty. If it is still under warranty, i would call or take it back and have them look at it.

Ben 02-05-2013 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom (Post 5839475)
Not to be insulting, but are you sure it's threaded correctly? Several times I thought I had mine done right, but when I looked, the thread had slipped off the upper thread tension control. Also, like others have said, my 6600 is VERY picky about thread. I generally use Aurifil in it. Hope you're able to figure out the problem, it is a great machine when operating smoothly.

No insulate taken but she's had problems off and on from the start. I just talked with her and she's using gutterman thread currently.