Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   January fabshophop ??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/january-fabshophop-t92199.html)

fun2quilt 01-20-2011 09:02 AM

Is anyone doing the quilt from this month's hop, All Around the Neighborhood???
Just curious if you were having problems with the blocks coming out to the proper sizes.

Ginaky 01-20-2011 09:10 AM

Did you go and download the corrected patterns? I think there were 5 of them that they posted corrected ones for. I haven't done any yet, but that's a thought. I don't know what the problems were with the first ones.

If you log in and go to your visited shops, it will tell you which ones there are replacements for.

katyquilter 01-20-2011 09:14 AM

Haven't started mine yet, usually wait until they have all the bugs ironed out. Seems like there were quite a few bugs this month!!

fun2quilt 01-20-2011 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ginaky
Did you go and download the corrected patterns? I think there were 5 of them that they posted corrected ones for. I haven't done any yet, but that's a thought. I don't know what the problems were with the first ones.

If you log in and go to your visited shops, it will tell you which ones there are replacements for.

I have done that and the replacements are the ones that are causing me problems. I managed to get the block done, but had to take apart a section and recut a piece to make it the correct size, after double checking that I had cut them the right size.

fun2quilt 01-20-2011 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by katyquilter
Haven't started mine yet, usually wait until they have all the bugs ironed out. Seems like there were quite a few bugs this month!!

Maybe I should have done the same thing, however, I needed something to work on and am using all stash fabric for it.

Candace 01-20-2011 09:30 AM

Uh oh. I guess I'll be waiting to see if they upload corrected patterns of their corrected patterns!!

fun2quilt 01-20-2011 12:54 PM

I think when they went to reload the corrected files, they somehow didn't get changed. Just a guess, the little church has an error in it also. Didn't have a problem with cabin in the woods or the all american home. Next in line is the log cabin flowers. We'll see if the other two house patterns are right or not later.

quilt addict 01-20-2011 01:07 PM

I have not done these yet. But typically I have found problems with their patterns almost every time I have used one. Glad I waited on this one.

fun2quilt 01-30-2011 01:20 PM

Just thought I would let anyone interested know that the patterns are now all correct! I have quilt done, including the borders, just not quilted or photos taken yet. The designer was real nice, the web site, well, they could have been better but will still do those addicting hops!

luvspaper 01-30-2011 04:43 PM

Yay! Thanks for testing it and finding the bugs for the rest of us. I did re-download the changed ones as of 1/24. Have they changed again since then?