Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Jazz 2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/jazz-2-a-t313782.html)

Julienm1 01-07-2021 06:08 PM

Jazz 2

Wondering if this machine has variable speed control. It's a feature that is so important to me since this is a :"fast" stitcher.

Stitches23 01-07-2021 09:00 PM

I don't know but have you asked your dealer? Maybe you could go by a shop and do a test drive on the machine. I would want to do that before investing a lot in any machine.
If you do, we would love to hear your review of the Jazz 2.

Queen 01-08-2021 03:31 AM

I have one and no it doesn't. I got it for Christmas and I have found that the bobbin winder does not fill a bobbin evenly. I just need to help it along. Also the tension needs adjusting with the different threads I use. All in all, I do like the machine. I needed one with bigger throat space and boy it sure does help. I just got a king size quilt done with little problems other than adjusting the tension when free motion quilting.

Mary

Julienm1 01-08-2021 04:47 AM

Queen, TY for your information. Helps in making my decision.

Sharongn 01-10-2021 07:57 PM

Does it have the auto thread cutter?

Sharon5012 01-12-2021 09:05 PM

No cutter. But it does have DC power, so low speed control should not be a problem. Knee lift, awesome space, 1 step buttonhole, utility stitches, needle control, great price. Should be a great all-around stitcher, especially for sewers who don’t want something computery. If I had space for one more, I might like this one.

Sharongn 01-13-2021 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon5012 (Post 8452074)
No cutter. But it does have DC power, so low speed control should not be a problem. Knee lift, awesome space, 1 step buttonhole, utility stitches, needle control, great price. Should be a great all-around stitcher, especially for sewers who don’t want something computery. If I had space for one more, I might like this one.

Thanx sharon5012. I never had thread cutter until my sister gave me her Singer and I really like it! I was having a bit of trouble with it until I figured out I needed to sew a couple stitches past the end and it was better. Now I'm spoiled! Lol. But, I'm so used to not having one, I find myself not using a lot out of habit. Old habits die hard I guess. LOl

Rhonda K 01-14-2021 04:56 AM

I was considering another machine before Christmas and looked at the machine at my LQS dealer. It's a husband and wife team in the shop. I've purchased all my machines there so they know my likes well. I didn't get past the inquiry as they both indicated that it wasn't the machine for my needs and likes.

You might want to look at the baby-lock aria machine at the dealer. I have the Crescendo which is a sister machine with a laser. Lots of nice stitches, auto threader/cutter, left/right needle shift, and a nice walking foot. Hope that helps!

corgidog 01-16-2021 06:07 AM

I got my Jazz II a few days ago. I have sewed just a few small things trying to get the feel for it. Never had a machine that has a cutter so I will not miss it. This Jazz is super fast. I normally sew with White 651 and I love the 651. I bought the Jazz II to start quilting as I am a beginner quilter. Have sewed many years just not quilted. I am hoping to make my adult kids quilts for Christmas 2021 just using my stash. The dealer said it was preorder but it shipped the following day. The Jazz II does vibrate so I bought a rubber door mat to sit it on seems to help.