Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   jelly roll patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/jelly-roll-patterns-t142066.html)

sarahrachel 08-02-2011 09:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I just bought a jelly roll at walmart today, it's a little beat up (clearence section a little fraying on the ends) with no tag so I got it for $3 instead of the normal $10. There are 24 strips, 3 of each and when I picked it up I immediately thought baby quilt, but I don't want to just sew each strip together. Any ideas? I've never made and/or bought one of these before and there were no others like it that I could have bought 2 or another one to make the quilt bigger

not the best pictures, the end pink and yellow ones are a little brighter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235353[/ATTACH]

the most damaged of all of them which isn't really that bad considering is was buried under a bunch of not marked down fq in a clearance basket
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235354[/ATTACH]

QuiltnNan 08-02-2011 09:09 AM

do you have a pic of the different fabrics?

sarahrachel 08-02-2011 09:19 AM

yup. I thought the pics loaded but I guess they didn't.

pipp5 08-02-2011 09:19 AM

I made some quilted baby blocks out that same line of charms. So pretty together.

Zhillslady 08-02-2011 09:45 AM

google free jelly roll patterns. there are tons. Careful though before you start as most jelly rolls are 40 or 42 fabrics.

Lucio 08-02-2011 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by sarahrachel
I just bought a jelly roll at walmart today, it's a little beat up (clearence section a little fraying on the ends) with no tag so I got it for $3 instead of the normal $10. There are 24 strips, 3 of each and when I picked it up I immediately thought baby quilt, but I don't want to just sew each strip together. Any ideas? I've never made and/or bought one of these before and there were no others like it that I could have bought 2 or another one to make the quilt bigger

I would not use the tan fabric ( the third from the left as pictured) as it doesn't seem to play well with others. Could you look through your stash and possibly cut some of your own strips to add?

Connie in CO 08-02-2011 09:58 AM

Small Trip around the world.

Peckish 08-02-2011 10:00 AM

how about a string quilt, or a zig-zag quilt?

sarahrachel 08-02-2011 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Lucio

Originally Posted by sarahrachel

I would not use the tan fabric ( the third from the left as pictured) as it doesn't seem to play well with others. Could you look through your stash and possibly cut some of your own strips to add?

It's acctually a green strip that's really pretty. And I pulled out of my small stash some gingham and baby prints to add. And looking through my quilting magazines I found an old one that uses 2 1/2 inch strips but only 4 colors. So I'll make 2 quilts, a boy and girl quilt. one with pinks and yellow and the other with blues and the green. I will post pictures! But it was acctually a pic from googling that reminded me of that pattern. Thank you all!

yolanda 08-02-2011 10:12 AM

google basketcase quilt pattern or cluck cluck sew quilts and look for the basketcase pattern.. you'll need a neutral to go with your pinks but I LOVE this pattern. I posted pictures of my basket case quilt somewhere