Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   jelly roll patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/jelly-roll-patterns-t173248.html)

sahm4605 12-26-2011 01:19 PM

jelly roll patterns

My mil gave me a jelly roll for christmas and I am trying to decide what to do with it. I am not wanting to do a strip quilt. I want something more interesting than that. and other than binding and backing and maybe boarder should one jelly do it for the quilt top? I am looking at a lap or baby size top. any suggestions as to what to do. (my SIL also sent me a pattern for i think its a warm wishes type pattern. it squares and strips in different sizes.)

QuiltE 12-26-2011 01:36 PM

French Braid would be perfect ... though I'm not sure on how much you need for a full size quilt.

Log Cabin?
Rail Fence style?

Mamawcj 12-26-2011 01:57 PM

My DS gave me the book "Scrap-Basket Surprises - 18 Quilts from 2 1/2" Strips" by Kim Brackett, published by The Patchwork Place. Most of the quilts in it look complicated, but when you start reading the instructions they are really simple. Of course, DS and DDIL had already picked out the quilt they wanted. She said "There's no hurry, you've got 364 days to do it." :) You might want to look at it.

SewMomma66 12-26-2011 02:04 PM

Check out Kimberly Einmo. She has written three or four books on Jelly Roll quilts and they are wonderful! I know they sell them on amazon or you can go to her website. Her quilts are always easy and fun. Enjoy!

GrammaBabs 12-26-2011 02:40 PM

jelly roll quilts

Originally Posted by sahm4605 (Post 4812679)
My mil gave me a jelly roll for christmas and I am trying to decide what to do with it. I am not wanting to do a strip quilt. I want something more interesting than that. and other than binding and backing and maybe boarder should one jelly do it for the quilt top? I am looking at a lap or baby size top. any suggestions as to what to do. (my SIL also sent me a pattern for i think its a warm wishes type pattern. it squares and strips in different sizes.)

If you go to Missouri Start Quilt Co.. on YouTube.. you will see many quick and easy quilts using jelly rolls..plus the visual is a huge plus..

fatquarters 12-26-2011 04:34 PM

Chek out the moda bakeshop for free patterns too. Just google it, then look for jelly roll patterns. All are free. One that comes to mind is called sweet menagerie

hobbykat1955 12-26-2011 04:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Basket weave quilt only need one roll or Quilt as you go runners...posting photos

donac 12-26-2011 04:55 PM

There is a New Year's Day mystery quilt on PlanetPatchwork.com that you can use a jelly roll for.

Wanabee Quiltin 12-26-2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mamawcj (Post 4812786)
My DS gave me the book "Scrap-Basket Surprises - 18 Quilts from 2 1/2" Strips" by Kim Brackett, published by The Patchwork Place. Most of the quilts in it look complicated, but when you start reading the instructions they are really simple. Of course, DS and DDIL had already picked out the quilt they wanted. She said "There's no hurry, you've got 364 days to do it." :) You might want to look at it.

I also have this book, lovely quilts to make from strips. Try it.

Wanabee Quiltin 12-26-2011 05:01 PM

Pretty... I really like this.