Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Jo Ann's hobby table (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/jo-anns-hobby-table-t207348.html)

morforles 11-30-2012 03:31 PM

Jo Ann's hobby table

Has anyone else recently bought the Hobby table from Jo Ann's? It's the table that is approx. 36" X 59" open and folds down to only 13" by 36". I was so happy to have gotten one using my 50% coupon but afraid I will have to take it back. It is so wobbly that I can't use it for cutting fabric and that was the main reason I bought it. Has anyone else had this problem or did I get a "bad" one. So sad.
Leslie

smcfadden 11-30-2012 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by morforles (Post 5690286)
Has anyone else recently bought the Hobby table from Jo Ann's? It's the table that is approx. 36" X 59" open and folds down to only 13" by 36". I was so happy to have gotten one using my 50% coupon but afraid I will have to take it back. It is so wobbly that I can't use it for cutting fabric and that was the main reason I bought it. Has anyone else had this problem or did I get a "bad" one. So sad.
Leslie

Yes, I've had the same experience. Good luck!

LynnVT 11-30-2012 05:17 PM

I was given one by a relative who didn't need it. I absolutely love it. It has legs that pull out and snap into a thingy underneath the table. Big plastic castors. Mine is on carpet. Might that make a difference?

lnolan6177 11-30-2012 05:18 PM

Hi...I bought one of these tables two years ago on a Black Friday sale at Joann's online. I love it. Mine is by no means wobbly. I had to put mine together as it was delivered in a big box. I have never even had to tighten it down since I have had it and it has been moved around in my sewing room numerous times. I'm sorry you are having problems. Maybe giving another one a chance...good luck.

justme 11-30-2012 05:25 PM

I have two of them. and love them. I do have them on carpet don't know if that makes a difference.

mcfay 11-30-2012 06:06 PM

I have one that a friend gave me, I did have to tighten the bolts in the legs. But I use mine for an ironing table as it has one of those ironing covers on it.

morforles 11-30-2012 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by LynnVT (Post 5690468)
I was given one by a relative who didn't need it. I absolutely love it. It has legs that pull out and snap into a thingy underneath the table. Big plastic castors. Mine is on carpet. Might that make a difference?

Mine is on carpet also. I thought maybe that was making it wobble but it wasn't. TKS!

morforles 11-30-2012 06:37 PM

Thanks to all of you for replying. I will check all the bolts but if that isn't it, I sure hope Jo Ann's will take it back assembled!

EllieGirl 11-30-2012 07:02 PM

I have two tables from Jo Ann's. The first one I bought a couple of years ago and is like a regular table that doesn't fold down. The second one is a little different because it has legs that swing out from the middle. The only time I've had problems is when I've moved it and the legs fold in towards the middle.

patski 11-30-2012 07:18 PM

Its the newer ones that are so bad I had one & giftedto a fellow qilter when I moved. Bought another and it was AWFUL. Got rid of it it wa so wobby. MY DH tried everything t make i sturdybut it never got beter