Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Joann coupon now usable for certain cities only? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/joann-coupon-now-usable-certain-cities-only-t65932.html)

AlwaysQuilting 09-21-2010 02:17 AM

I get Joann coupons by snail mail and email.
I looked at the recent one in my email this morning and at the bottom of it, it says "Valid at Cleveland stores".
I don't live in or near Cleveland anymore.
I've been getting the coupons where I currently live (100s of miles away from Cleveland) for 5 years now, so they've obviously updated their files, but I've never noticed a city mentioned on any of the coupons before.
Since it mentions a city I no longer live near, does that mean I can't use it at my current Joanns?

bisbetica 09-21-2010 02:20 AM

I hope not - I shop in about 3 or 4 different Joann's and I use the coupons all of the time. I'll have to recheck the ones I currently have. hmmmmm

DebsShelties 09-21-2010 02:28 AM

Isn't Joann's a Franchise? Each is owned individually? I seem to recall being told that when I was shopping at one. They said they had to have a certain quota to stay in business.

AlwaysQuilting 09-21-2010 02:31 AM

Just to clarify, I only saw this on the current 50% email coupon that I have. I haven't seen it on the flyer coupons yet.

Darlene 09-21-2010 02:44 AM

I would call your own store and ask them if this is correct.

Moon Holiday 09-21-2010 02:53 AM

Last winter I started getting store specific coupons... I only have 2 options where I live... West Lebanon NH (about 1 hour by highway) or Berlin, VT (about 1 hour by backroads)...and of course my coupons were only for the Berlin store, even though winter weather means I didn't want to go backroads so I couldn't use my coupon. I sent an email to [email protected] explaining my predicament and since then I have received only general "good at any JoAnn's store" coupons.

I suggest you send them an email and let them know you have moved and can no longer shop the Cleveland store. That should at a minimum get you coupons for the store nearest to you; or like me, back go the general "good at any JoAnn's store" coupons.

AlwaysQuilting 09-21-2010 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Moon Holiday
I suggest you send them an email and let them know you have moved and can no longer shop the Cleveland store. That should at a minimum get you coupons for the store nearest to you; or like me, back go the general "good at any JoAnn's store" coupons.

Yes that's a good idea. But since I moved away from Cleveland 5 years ago and this just started I don't know what caused it. Maybe it was just a fluke. But I thought I'd ask here to see if its happening elsewhere.

Linda58 09-21-2010 03:25 AM

My email coupons now come with my name on them, so I can not share!!!!

AlwaysQuilting 09-21-2010 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Linda58
My email coupons now come with my name on them, so I can not share!!!!

I went back and looked and you're right! My name is on it too. Sneaky.

hobo2000 09-21-2010 08:03 AM

I just checked and mine too, name and valid at Greenbelt where I have never shopped. I also got 5...40% off coupons valid Sept 19 - 25.. and it says Personalized internet coupons Void if copied, reproduced etc. How do they expect you to use them if you don't print them out and do they want you to go shopping every day this week to use all five of them? This is getting rediculous!