Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Joann fabri (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/joann-fabri-t238398.html)

DOTTYMO 01-08-2014 07:04 AM

Joann fabri

I have just been fabric shopping and found a piece of fabric made for Joann . Do you think it is the Joann you mention over in America? I am in UK.
I didn't purchase it wS not correct colour but I was just trying to work out why fabric from Joann's was being sound as a piece in a shop in UK. Q

woody 01-08-2014 12:08 PM

I find the odd piece of it here in Australia

Jingle 01-08-2014 01:20 PM

DottyMo I am sure it is probably the same Joann fabric people on here talk about.

Lori S 01-08-2014 01:44 PM

There area few ways it can end up in your country. One is that various printers are used to produce fabrics for Jo'anns and may have over stock on some items. If this occurs sometimes the manufacture printing for Jo'anns , may sell off this inventory as long as it does not go to sellers in the US. Another explanations is some inventory may have been sold and bundled into flat fold bundles( a large variety of assorted yardages), that got shipped to your Country.

GEMRM 01-08-2014 02:28 PM

I have found Joann fabrics in our local Len's Mill Store - sometimes with the Joann name on the selvedge and sometimes not!

ManiacQuilter2 01-08-2014 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 6501192)
There area few ways it can end up in your country. One is that various printers are used to produce fabrics for Jo'anns and may have over stock on some items. If this occurs sometimes the manufacture printing for Jo'anns , may sell off this inventory as long as it does not go to sellers in the US. Another explanations is some inventory may have been sold and bundled into flat fold bundles( a large variety of assorted yardages), that got shipped to your Country.

Lori S is correct. Leftovers from fabric runs that didn't sell successfully to a quilt shop or 2nd quality runs will in up being sold by a third party. There is a name for those individuals but I can't seem to remember.

DOTTYMO 01-09-2014 09:23 AM

Thank you everyone. I was just so surprised finding it as I thought it was exclusive to the shop.

Lori S 01-09-2014 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 6501432)
Lori S is correct. Leftovers from fabric runs that didn't sell successfully to a quilt shop or 2nd quality runs will in up being sold by a third party. There is a name for those individuals but I can't seem to remember.

They are often called "jobers" .

sewmary 01-09-2014 03:18 PM

Jobbers! ////

cherrio 01-10-2014 08:23 AM

I imagine retailers buy and sell from several dealers. and it may have been a mix up at the originating warehouse too. Too many reasons to ever get you a truthful answer on that Dottymo.
oops, if I had continued to read I would have seen the correct term-jobbers. I learned something new today! thanks ladies.;)