Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/joanns-60%25-scratch-off-coupon-t246676.html)

Opal Jane 05-12-2014 08:01 AM

JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon

I was lucky enough to get a 60% off coupon. The only problem is.....it seems like everything is on sale, which means I can't use the coupon. Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas on what items I can apply the coupon to?

Thanks,

nygal 05-12-2014 08:02 AM

I haven't ever received a 60% off coupon!! But I do know what you mean that most times things are already on sale and you can't even use the coupon! You could us that coupon at Hobby Lobby or even Michaels if they sell anything else you want.

Quilter 53 05-12-2014 08:16 AM

With a 60%, off coupon, I'd be looking at new rulers, rotary blades, scissors, extra cutting mat, or some of the quilting books with a new technique I'd like to try. Or maybe a bolt of 108" fabric for backing. It doesn't spoil!
Happy shopping!

AliKat 05-12-2014 08:21 AM

That is what has happened to my friends and me. What we wanted was always on sale, or so it seemed.

That's called marketing. It gets people into the store and maybe they'll buy something anyway.

moonrise 05-12-2014 08:24 AM

I've all but stopped shopping at Joann's for this very reason. Their coupons are almost always useless for me. :(

Opal Jane 05-12-2014 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 6713663)
I haven't ever received a 60% off coupon!! But I do know what you mean that most times things are already on sale and you can't even use the coupon! You could us that coupon at Hobby Lobby or even Michaels if they sell anything else you want.

Hmmm....I didn't know you could use the coupon at Hobby Lobby or Michael's...

quiltingcandy 05-12-2014 08:47 AM

I have asked they charge the full price and then use the coupon. Not sure when that was, a few years ago - and at first they thought I was nuts, but did it. The problem is, these coupons come so often and they have so many "sales" I don't get excited unless I need something.

Luv Quilts and Cats 05-12-2014 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter 53 (Post 6713674)
With a 60%, off coupon, I'd be looking at new rulers, rotary blades, scissors, extra cutting mat, or some of the quilting books with a new technique I'd like to try. Or maybe a bolt of 108" fabric for backing. It doesn't spoil!
Happy shopping!

I would look at these things too! You can always use new rotary blades, new rulers, etc.

Terri D. 05-12-2014 09:12 AM

That's the retailer's way of enticing you into the store without having to honor the 60% off coupon. It always felt a little like bait and switch to me.

AZ Jane 05-12-2014 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat (Post 6713677)
That is what has happened to my friends and me. What we wanted was always on sale, or so it seemed.

That's called marketing. It gets people into the store and maybe they'll buy something anyway.

AliKat - 35th Ave will take Jo-Ann's coupons. I may be wrong but I think it is only one a day?????