Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   JoAnns High Priced Fabric - Shocker (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/joanns-high-priced-fabric-shocker-t106151.html)

DonnaB 03-08-2011 06:10 PM

Have not been to JoAnns for awhile, and now I know why!. The prices of fabric were so HIGH. What I used to get for 3.99/yd are now 6.99/yd. It's a good thing I took some coupons, that's the only way to shop there from now on, if at all. I think I'll go to this great fabric shop a little further way, all fabric is $6.95 yd. with a lot more selection and more informed sales employees.

happyscrappy 03-08-2011 06:55 PM

practically all joanns fabrics went up $3 per yard. last time i was at hancocks they hadn't raised their prices yet, but i am sure it is to come. time to use the stash build-up!

Quilter7x 03-08-2011 06:57 PM

Really? I haven't been in a Jo Ann's since before Christmas, but I need some black Kona cotton. Looks like I need to bring my coupons. They really went up $3 a yard? :shock:

SuziC 03-08-2011 06:58 PM

I remember when our JoAnn's was a little tiny shop. Now that it moved to a bigger space, they have much bigger prices :!:

lynnsim 03-08-2011 06:58 PM

Do you have a Hobby Lobby by you? If so, they have Kona 30% off every day and very good quality.

zennia 03-08-2011 07:05 PM

They raised their prices then marked their fabric 30% off so we cant use our cupons. I wonder why they bother to print those worthless cupons.

Lori S 03-08-2011 07:06 PM

Mine has many of the fabrics higher or same as than LQS , so guess who gets my money?! No gimmicks , no coupons , great selection!

sueisallaboutquilts 03-08-2011 07:37 PM

I rarely buy fabric at Joann's. I don't think the quality is that great.
I buy notions, batting etc though.

LivelyLady 03-08-2011 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaB
Have not been to JoAnns for awhile, and now I know why!. The prices of fabric were so HIGH. What I used to get for 3.99/yd are now 6.99/yd. It's a good thing I took some coupons, that's the only way to shop there from now on, if at all. I think I'll go to this great fabric shop a little further way, all fabric is $6.95 yd. with a lot more selection and more informed sales employees.

I noticed that too........higher prices and poorer quality :cry:

Vanuatu Jill 03-08-2011 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Really? I haven't been in a Jo Ann's since before Christmas, but I need some black Kona cotton. Looks like I need to bring my coupons. They really went up $3 a yard? :shock:

I was told Joann's was dropping Kona solids-when I was there last week, (and I went to two stores), they didn't have many colors-Luckily I only needed white. I saw Kona on sale ON-LINE today at Hancocks-I think it was 30% off-plus they have an on-line coupon for an ADDITIONAL 15% off before March 11th. The code is OFTBF to use for the additional discount. They have black as well as many other colors. Worth checking it out. Joann's was $5.99 for bleached, and I got a couple yards of navy for $6.99 a yard. Good thing I had coupons!