Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   John Flynn Frame (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/john-flynn-frame-t176973.html)

ChaiQuilter 01-25-2012 07:45 PM

John Flynn Frame

Has anyone purchased the John Flynn Frame? It looks like a great deal for $150. The video on his site makes it look easy to use. Please tell me your experiences with it. Thanks!

NikkiLu 01-25-2012 07:49 PM

Go to the top of this page and in the "search box" - type in John Flynn Frame and I am sure a bunch of posts will be there for you to click on -= good luck

dunster 01-25-2012 08:07 PM

Yes, there have been multiple discussions on this frame. Most people either love it or hate it. A few people have used it successfully for larger quilts, but most success seems to be with smaller quilts, and for those who needs a frame?

deemail 01-25-2012 08:18 PM

because with the frame there is no basting.... for one thing.... and i love the frame for any size... i use it as much for hand quilting (John Flynn invented the frame for hand quilting and used it exclusively for many years for just that) as for machine quilting... the thing i love best is standing it up behind a door when not in use. no giant frame in the middle of the room...

Gramie bj 01-25-2012 09:15 PM

I have a friend who moved and sold her longarm. She now uses this frame and really likes it but rents a longarm for her larger quilts.

Rosewood9 01-26-2012 07:32 AM

I watched the video and am interested in learning more about it.

mtnative 01-26-2012 09:38 AM

If you decide to buy one, you might want to check Nancy's Notions. I think she usually sells it for less than you can actually get it from the Flynn company. Of course, you would have to compare what comes with each and how much shipping is etc.

BellaBoo 01-26-2012 11:08 AM

I have one and it does what it is designed to do just fine. It takes practice. It took more then a few quilts for me to really get it. I know some that use it once or twice and pronounce it not worth using. That is their fault, not the frame's fault.

Bill'sBonBon 01-26-2012 05:29 PM

I got one for Christmas.. Finally had time to put it together...Gonna start on it next week,then will be able to tell you,but I do belief I will like it. I usually do big quilts so have to buy the longer rods,get them at Lowes or HomeDepot.. Not that exspensive... As I do FM on my Kenmore Domestic machine not bunching it up will be wonderful..Just a matter of getting the hang of using the frame instead of the super slidder.. It is now on sale in Nancy's Notions catalog for $115.00 What my DH paid for it ..But saw it On Nancy's website for abt. $95.00..
Will Post when I use it..Bill'sBonBon

gailinva 01-27-2012 04:58 AM

Also try ebay, I've seen several there.

Originally Posted by mtnative (Post 4912863)
If you decide to buy one, you might want to check Nancy's Notions. I think she usually sells it for less than you can actually get it from the Flynn company. Of course, you would have to compare what comes with each and how much shipping is etc.