Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/join-me-virtual-quilt-weekend-christmas-style-t223660.html)

Raggiemom 06-14-2013 04:45 AM

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style

Well, in an effort to get cracking on those Christmas gifts, I've decided to dedicate this weekend to working on them. Several people expressed interest in joining me to work on their own ideas. If you don't want to work on Christmas items, please feel free to work on whatever you want.

For those new to Virtual Quilting, we use this thread to post pictures and report the progress we're making. It's tons of fun so hope you can join us this weekend!

If you can only join for part of the weekend, that's fine too :)

SouthPStitches 06-14-2013 04:47 AM

Will there be Christmas cookies too?!!!!!

reginalovesfabric 06-14-2013 04:53 AM

Raggiemom, funny you should post this tread for I'm looking for a stuffed owl pattern. I want to make 9 of these for Isabella's classmate/teacher. She will be going to a special needs school where there are small classes. Southpstitches, wish I was closer, I'm the BEST cookie baker this side of the Mississippi river I made red velvet cookies....yum yum

Raggiemom 06-14-2013 05:57 AM

OK, now I need some Christmas cookies, and red velvet ones sound delish. Would you share the recipe? I have a niece that loves red velvet cake and I'm sure would appreciate some homemade red velvet cookies.

klgls 06-14-2013 06:09 AM

Sounds fun - but I'm going of town to visit my Dad for Father's Day - so no sewing this weekend.

RedGarnet222 06-14-2013 07:04 AM

I might join you sunday. I have to get going on the blocks for the funky Halloween swap and quilt a piece of fabric for a pillow I am making for charity.

dottie dodge 06-14-2013 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric (Post 6121394)
Raggiemom, funny you should post this tread for I'm looking for a stuffed owl pattern. I want to make 9 of these for Isabella's classmate/teacher. She will be going to a special needs school where there are small classes. Southpstitches, wish I was closer, I'm the BEST cookie baker this side of the Mississippi river I made red velvet cookies....yum yum

I just did a search for stuffed owl pattern and could not believe how many free owl patterns are out there! I had intended to post a link for you but there are so many to choose from that I could not decide. I have yahoo for a search engine but I doubt that makes any difference.

DOTTYMO 06-14-2013 08:25 AM

I'm coming on Sunday or rather I will have started before you get up. Anyone in Australia joining in?
What are velvet cookies may I have a recipe please.
Will be doing blocks for a gift and wall hanging with no male in.

nellybelle 06-14-2013 09:01 AM

I would like to join you also. I have BOM on Saturday, but would have the afternoon. And on Sunday is church, but again will be able to join you in the afternoon. I really need this to get moving on some of my projects.

Raggiemom 06-14-2013 09:17 AM

Well, I spent the morning sorting through what I had done already. After lunch, I started a doll blanket for my 4 year niece. I have the rows ready to sew together to make the top but when I got up to press the seams, someone stole my sewing chair! So I cut the fabric for one of the twin sized Irish chain quilts. I'm going to take a 1/2 hour break to watch The Bold & The Beautiful then hopefully the little stinker will let me have my chair. If not, maybe I'll cut out the other Irish Chain and the Christmas tree skirts. Hope those of you quilting today are making good progress.