Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Juki Miyabi J-350QVP S sit down free motion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/juki-miyabi-j-350qvp-s-sit-down-free-motion-t308984.html)

BonnieJP 01-04-2020 11:10 AM

Juki Miyabi J-350QVP S sit down free motion

My husband is trying to talk me into purchasing a JUKI Miyabi J-350QVP S free motion long arm quilting machine and table. I believe this is a relatively new (introduced in 2019) machine. I looked at it and actually did a brief test on one yesterday and liked it. It looks extremely well built. Has anyone had any experience with this machine? What do you think of it? Thank you for your feedback.

-Bonnie

QuiltnNan 01-04-2020 11:14 AM

https://jukiquilting.com/products/miyabi-j350qvps.html
I love my Jukis, but am not familiar with this one

QuiltnNan 01-04-2020 11:21 AM

I see from the picture that it has handles... I wonder if it can also be used on a frame. Do you happen to know the price range? There;s a dealer about a half hour from me... I may stop in the next time I'm up there

Sailorwoman 01-04-2020 12:10 PM

Before you purchase, be certain that your dealer is close-by. Juki will allow only authorized Juki dealers to repair their machines. They will not send parts to unauthorized dealers. If your dealer is not close, you would have to have it shipped to the nearest authorized dealer.

sewbizgirl 01-04-2020 01:27 PM

I have the TL2200QVPs longarm, the previous model to this one. The only difference I can see is that the 2200 didn't have a built in stitch regulator. Later, at a show, I saw you could buy an add-on stitch regulator, and I let the dealer talk me into trying it. Ugh... Hated it. It was so noisy. Hopefully the built in stitch regulator in this new model will run a lot quieter.

I got used to quilting without a SR, and really prefer it. I'm in control of motion and speed, and not the machine. I'm the stitch regulator!

I bought mine for $5000, plus they threw in just about everything I asked for as it was a show demo machine and they didn't want to haul it back with them. I got a free table (one side... but was allowed to buy the second side at a great discount). Also got them to throw in a free stool, and some rulers! And the best part was the interest free financing. I pay only $93 a month for 5 years. Two of those years are already gone. I really like my machine.

You should go and try out the model you are interested in. Bring a small quilt sandwich to practice on. If you have been FMQing on a domestic machine, this kind of machine will be a really smooth transition.

sewbizgirl 01-04-2020 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 8347498)
I see from the picture that it has handles... I wonder if it can also be used on a frame. Do you happen to know the price range? There;s a dealer about a half hour from me... I may stop in the next time I'm up there

My 2200QVP also has those handles and can be conveted to work in a frame. So I would assume this new model is the same way.

TheMerkleFamily 01-04-2020 02:16 PM

Like Nan and SBG, I love the build quality and performance of my Juki (not a sit down model) and I have played on a Miyabi at a show last fall and was impressed. I keep trying (stand up) long arms but always seem to end up playing with the sit-downs as they feel so much more familiar. Right now I'm quilting a large wall hanging on my little TL2200qvp mini wishing I had that wonderful larger throat space. I can't remember if the stitch regulator on this brand/model was 'noisy' or not but I do recall quite a difference in noise level between manufacturers. Also, I will 2nd (or 3rd) the notion of being within driving distance of an authorized Juki dealer. Take your time, test it and compare and let us know what you determine is best for you!

Jingle 01-04-2020 04:13 PM

That looks like a great machine. If I were 10 or 20 years younger I would buy it in a heart beat.

juliasb 01-04-2020 04:27 PM

I love my Juki machine (not the same model) and have been sewing with it all afternoon. Juki make good all around machine and I don't believe you will go wrong with the Juki

BonnieJP 01-04-2020 04:43 PM

The Juki dealer told me the Miyabi is strictly for free motion quilting where you "push" the quilt around on the table. It has a stitch regulator built into the machine bed close to the needle. There are 3 dealers fairly close to me, including one that I have been taking my vintage machines to for service/rewiring. They have always provided me with excellent service. The dealer I visited yesterday said the MSRP is $9000, but had it on sale for $6000. The table can be raised to standing height or sit down.