Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Juki (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/juki-t259043.html)

Mimi01 01-01-2015 11:34 AM

Juki

Anyone have a juki quilting machine (not the long arm)I am looking for some reviews

Jeanne S 01-01-2015 12:15 PM

If you mean the Juki TL2010q, I have had mine a little over a year and could not be happier with it. Very powerful, beautiful stitches (it only does straight line stitching). I love the speed control feature, as well as the thread cutter in the foot pedal. Use the knee lever pressure foot lift all the time. The only thing I can't get to work is the needle threader. It also has a roomy harp space.

Jingle 01-01-2015 01:25 PM

I have a Juki TL98QE, since 2007, throat is 9" and I love it. I had an extension table made for it.

Tink's Mom 01-01-2015 03:08 PM

I also have the Juki TL98Q...just love her!
She gets used just about everyday and sometimes for hours at a time. She does lovely free motion quilting...plenty of room. I have done even a king size on her...that was a bit of a challenge. Working on matching full size quilts right now.

ThreadHead 01-01-2015 07:18 PM

I have the Juki TL2010q straight stitch only- love it for quilting and free motion. I would also like another machine that does the zig zag, blanket stitch, and a few others. My embroidery machine does all of that, but I want one that I don't have to exchange everything just to sew. I have the Juki 85,Paid 400.00, but I don't like it at all, feels cheap like a 99.00 machine. Gonna get another machine when I can afford it, and give the Juki 85 to the grandkids.

kristijoy 01-01-2015 07:41 PM

I'm loving the reviews I hear about the 2010q, but I'm not sure I could live without the zig-zag feature...or more precisely to the ability to shift the needle slightly left or right. I adjust my needle position all the time to get a good 1/4inch seam, but also to get the quilt edge on both feed dogs when I sew something on like a binding. I also use the applique stitches on my cheapy brother too.

For those of you with a 2010q are you able to do all your piecing etc... on it?

dflynn 01-01-2015 07:49 PM

there is many threads about this Juki. Put Juki in the search on the top right side of this page. I was looking at the Juki before I got the Janome 8900 The Juki sewed was smooth and the stitch was even.

notmorecraft 01-01-2015 11:40 PM

I have the HZL 600, which has the wide harp and it's also deep which lets you put a rolled up quilt through with ease, it also has fancy stitches and a couple of fonts. It has needle down, automatic cutter and knee lifter, great for piecing and quilting.

Jeanne S 01-02-2015 04:38 AM

[QUOTE=kristijoy;7030296]I'm loving the reviews I hear about the 2010q, but I'm not sure I could live without the zig-zag feature...or more precisely to the ability to shift the needle slightly left or right. I adjust my needle position all the time to get a good 1/4inch seam, but also to get the quilt edge on both feed dogs when I sew something on like a binding. I also use the applique stitches on my cheapy brother too.

For those of you with a 2010q are you able to do all your piecing etc... on it?[/QUOTE.

Yes, I do all my piecing on it. You are right in that you can't adjust the needle position---instead I shift the fabric right or left to get the needed seam allowance. I have marked my standard 1/4" on the bed of the machine with blue painters tape and that works for me.

pumpkinpatchquilter 01-02-2015 06:30 AM

I have the TL 2010Q - while it's true that this is a straight stitch machine I adore it. Personally, I never use the zig zag! I do have other machines though - and I wouldn't buy this machine if I didn't have other machines for that reason. Because I'm primarily a quilter it's my go to machine. :)