Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   June Tailor Quilter's Cut'n Press II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/june-tailor-quilters-cutn-press-ii-t160909.html)

Edie 10-16-2011 01:46 PM

I have the above Cut'n Press II, size 12x18. Around the middle of the ironing pad, there is a "pleat" or something under the top cloth. I don't use it for measuring or cutting, but I do love it for a small ironing "board" on my table for small pieces. There is a rotary cutting mat on the other side - never used!!!! Keep it that way!!!! I am thinking I want to get that "bulge" out of the ironing side and maybe put a new piece of fabric on it. The original cloth is glued down and the cutting mat is glued on top of that.

Any ideas would sure help! Thanks a lot in advance. Edie

Rose L 10-16-2011 02:13 PM

Could you try to deconstruct it through a slit along a side edge rather than tearing it completely apart. I don't know of a glue that would hold it together again for the long haul. Honestly if it were me and that little bulge drove me that crazy I'd go get a new one (I have one). They are available at Walmart for $9.99 now. Far less $$ than Hobby Lobby and JoAnns' charge for them.

QuiltnNan 10-16-2011 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rose L
They are available at Walmart for $9.99 now. Far less $$ than Hobby Lobby and JoAnns' charge for them.

Really? i could only find $37

Kitsie 10-16-2011 02:54 PM

If its a recent purchase, I'd return it. Love mine, too and have pinned new cloth over the top quite a few times!

3incollege 10-16-2011 08:14 PM

I will have to go to JoAnn's to see what you are talking about. I can't place this.

Edie 10-17-2011 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan

Originally Posted by Rose L
They are available at Walmart for $9.99 now. Far less $$ than Hobby Lobby and JoAnns' charge for them.

Really? i could only find $37

Mine was $38.99!!!!! Edie

watterstide 10-17-2011 02:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 3incollege
I will have to go to JoAnn's to see what you are talking about. I can't place this.

this is a picture of it..

i love the press side, i do not like the cutting side..

cut and press
[ATTACH=CONFIG]272660[/ATTACH]

Edie 10-17-2011 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide

Originally Posted by 3incollege

this is a picture of it..

i love the press side, i do not like the cutting side..

That's it!!!!!! I don't use the cutting side because it is kind of wonky. It sort of rocks because of the ironing side. I was thinking of using a shish-kabob stick and gently slide it between the top ironing fabric and the mat that is making the bulge that is in/on the ironing side. Does that make sense? Other than the bulge it is in great shape (discolored though it may be). You can definitely feel the bulge when you iron a piece of fabric over it, so it isn't a matter of ironing the bulge flat - it literally has to be flattened out! Thanks again. Edie

watterstide 10-17-2011 02:56 AM

i don't like it, because it really dulls the blades of my rotary cutter..the cutting mat side is rock hard!

Carol J. 10-17-2011 06:09 AM

I have had one for years. I knew June Tailor personally and helped her with new ideas. I made my own for taking to classes or to lay beside my sewing machine using a small 9 x 12 cutting board, a padded piece of heavy cotton and glued them together with Super Glue, it has never come apart.
If yours has a pleat in the top, complain and tell them you want a new one and see what happens. I wouldn't put up with a defective product.

Carol J.