Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just about made it thru the month.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-about-made-thru-month-t177222.html)

deedum 01-27-2012 07:37 PM

Just about made it thru the month....

If I can make it thru Tuesday, I will have stayed on my fabric budget. This is worse than staying on a food diet. Wondering how everyone is doing? Hoping this will get easier :)

scrappy2 01-27-2012 08:19 PM

I know what you are saying deedum. I've been on a fabric diet 30 days and I can't stand it any longer. Going shopping in the morning and my DH is going too. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad. lol I think for the next 30 days I will go on a food diet instead it will be much easier.

Up North 01-27-2012 08:20 PM

Since I have no place to purchase fabric within 50 miles and the weather had been iffy I have no problems!

QuiltnNan 01-27-2012 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by scrappy2 (Post 4917757)
I will go on a food diet instead it will be much easier.

LOL, if only :)

MaryLane 01-27-2012 08:29 PM

I would have been "okay" if I hadn't been asked to make a quilt for a grandfather to give to his new granddaughter. This involved a trip to a sort of LQS that has a fantastic selection of flannel. I couldn't JUST buy that after driving 40 miles one way.

I am hoping that with finishing up some UFOs and piecing some backs I will come out "down" for the month. I still have 4 days of sewing to get there!

Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations 01-27-2012 08:36 PM

I have been able to stay on track as the only stuff I buy is what I am purchasing to use on a customers quilt. I have had some medical issues this past year and I have nothing extra to spend on fabric. I still get my fix its just buying for others.

gramajo 01-28-2012 04:12 AM

I've stayed on my fabric diet this month :thumbup: I've finished one UFO and am partway through a second one. Yeah for me!

jad1044 01-28-2012 05:04 AM

I have the same problem of wanting to buy fabric - and then I take a look at what I have and all the intened fabrics for quilts I have planned and I think NO NO NO!!!But the other day I didmake a trip to a Walmart for lack of having place to get the fabric transfers for putting pictures onto them to insert into quilt blocks... It satisfied my need, and since I could think of no fabric I really needed, did not look at their fabric selections other than walking through and nothing struck my eye as something I could not live without - Maybe, slowly I'm weaning myself off this fabric buying binging... For some time it was nothing to have UPS and FEDEX stopping two to three times a week too - not to mention our regular mail lady... I"m up to my ears in pretty fabric - my sort of resolution for this year- "get the quilts made I have on my list - use up some of this intended fabric for those quilts - and then begin again - if I feel teh need" - and I doubt I will. I have UFO's galore too - so no need to do anything but keep plugging along on the things I have started already whether it be something I bought that was not finished, or whether it is something I personally made and did not get back at it - it's time to finish all the UFO's too - I think I have my 2012 planned out for me! So, in a way, I've created a fabric diet.... I wish you all luck in your diets as well! It's tough - I know!!!

ragqueen03 01-28-2012 05:09 AM

I have been doing good by not buying from a store - but this board has had some members selling some great fabric -so i did purchase a couple of pieces from one and paid for shipping for a pif on another! i guess i am thinking if i purchase it on line it doesn't count - lol!

Joset 01-28-2012 05:39 AM

i have been on the diet too. and i have 2 gifts
certificates for our local quilt shop which is 3 miles away.
but they are having a super ball sale so cant wait
to get in there. i think i do better on a food diet.lol