Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just found out about French Braid quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-found-out-about-french-braid-quilts-t191729.html)

Grannyh67 06-16-2012 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by sylviak (Post 5289281)
I've made two french braids. Both turned out pretty. Here's the last one I did for my DDIL. They can be addictive! Have fun! This was before quilting and binding.

I love that, I also love purple, lol. I am wanting to make one but think I need to start on something a little more simple. I have a few more things to do and then I am going to start my quilt. That is one pretty Quilt. :)

Carol Jean 06-16-2012 10:19 AM

French Braid Quilts

Originally Posted by sylviak (Post 5289281)
I've made two french braids. Both turned out pretty. Here's the last one I did for my DDIL. They can be addictive! Have fun! This was before quilting and binding.

Have not tried a French Braid Quilt yet. This one is beautiful with the purples. I love the set in triangles and the smaller french braids with this pattern. Have been looking for a pattern similar to this one. Beautiful job!

Raine 06-16-2012 12:24 PM

This was my first French Braid

1 Attachment(s)
This is my first up load from my phone camera. The picture is a little dark. Sorry, you'll have to turn your head sideways.

twixbar 06-16-2012 02:49 PM

Absolutely beautiful.

EvelynJ 06-16-2012 03:04 PM

I too am a French Braid lover. I also really like the Friendship Braid as well. Every braid I have ever seen was wonderful and I will be trying a small one for my next project. It will be a practice piece and if it turns out decent I will give it to a friend of mine who is very special. Then I'll have to make my other friends one when they see his. LOL Good luck!

cindyg19 06-16-2012 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by jcrow (Post 5288383)
I was in a little town and picked up a book about French Braids. Well, I'm making one now. I have never heard of them before. They are gorgeous. Are they new? Have they been around a long time? I just love them. I want to make more than one. I bought fabric to make two so far and am working on the first one. Anyone make one yet? Anyone have pictures they'd like to share?

I love French braids. I made one for my granddaughter, and it's beautiful. But after a while, it can become quite rote. It's easy, but very repetitive.

Southern Judy 06-16-2012 05:33 PM

I bought my book about 5 years ago, still want to make one, one of these days. Use to live in Northern Michigan for 32 years moved to Florida last Oct. from Grayling.

JuanitaBean 06-16-2012 06:04 PM

Does anyone have a scrappy one made up that they could post. I would like to see it . I have a lot of scraps I would like to use up Thanks

Juanita

Raine 06-16-2012 08:39 PM

Hi JuanitaBean, the above in red with houses is actually a scrapy French Braid. I had a friend that gave me several fat quarters that were really lively colors and I just took scraps, even silk fabric and included in my french braids with houses. It was a lot of fun.

PurplePassion 06-17-2012 06:56 AM

Any tips on how you quilt the French braid quilts--what design to use ? Thanks , Elaine