Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just ordered fabric 1st time online (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-ordered-fabric-1st-time-online-t42892.html)

fabric-holic 04-16-2010 05:10 AM

I just bought fabric online for the 1st time.
I usually don't like buying things online because I want to touch, etc before paying.
But Fabric dot com is having a sale so I took a chance.
I hope I like the feel of the fabrics because it would sure increase the fabric choices for me, rather than just depending on locally available fabrics.

Oklahoma Suzie 04-16-2010 05:16 AM

I have ordered from them before, and I like what I got.

BellaBoo 04-16-2010 05:43 AM

I buy 95% of my fabric at online sales or when I find free shippping.

fun2quilt 04-16-2010 05:50 AM

I but my fabric for watercolor quilts online only. Can't find similar fabrics locally. Never had a problem, but never ordered from fabric.com, usually use mynotions.com, they are inexpensive and the fabric is real nice.

OdessaQuilts 04-16-2010 05:54 AM

The majority of my fabric purchases are from fabric.com and I just LOVE them! If you have any problems whatsoever, they do whatever is necessary to keep you as a customer and they make it right. You're gonna love having them in your arsenal of fabric shops.

And, yes, they do have some terrific prices and great sales. Did you use the "FIRST" coupon for your first order? That gives you a percentage off your very first order. If not, they may allow you to use it on your next order. Not everyone sees it on the site the first time they go there.

You will likely discover that the colors are true, the fabric is top quality, and the names they carry at their prices more than make up for the fact you can't "touch" every piece before you buy.

I don't have any affiliation with them, but I do order so much from them (including satins/bridal fabrics, and also a few home dec things and some fashion fabrics). They're terrific!

Odessa

Rebecca VLQ 04-16-2010 07:13 AM

They rock. You won't be disappointed. :D

fabric-holic 04-16-2010 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
Did you use the "FIRST" coupon for your first order?Odessa

No I didn't see it, but I did use the 20% coupon I got in an email this week, so maybe the percentage is the same?
Please don't tell me I could have used both coupons at once....I'd cry...

Mamagus 04-16-2010 09:13 AM

My hubby took my stepson out of my hair for the weekend and after being around this (recuperating from a smashed femur) 25 year old darling and being his maid, short order cook and chauffeur for three weeks I went on a shopping spree online!

Our Canadian dollar is almost on par with the U.S. dollar so shopping from sites in the states is a great deal right now if you look past the fact that we get an extra 3 inches when we buy meters instead of yard!

I ordered from Hayloft, J & O Fabrics and Quilter's Studio. And Kids Fabrics here in Canada. Tonight I hit Connecting Threads!

erstan947 04-16-2010 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie
I have ordered from them before, and I like what I got.

I have too. It saves me time, gas=$$

quiltluvr 04-16-2010 09:30 AM

Have fun with your purchases and post pictures of your projects.

I order online too, sometimes it's something I've seen in a magazine, at a LQS and it's cheaper or just plain catches my eye....and then I hold my breath. One time I was really disappointed in what I received from a well known site when I ordered off their clearance.