Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   just an uplifting thought.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-uplifting-thought-t147312.html)

starshine 08-24-2011 03:32 PM

As many others have stated "well said"

sheria 08-24-2011 03:46 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Quiltaddict 08-24-2011 05:10 PM

It would be nice to have the fancy machines, matching cabinets and tables, etc., but I'd rather have the money to buy more fabric and patterns to make quilts. What I have is not fancy, but functional.

brightstar_202 08-24-2011 05:30 PM

AMEN!!!!

Linda1 08-24-2011 06:47 PM

I get a little jealous sometimes but then I know I am blessed to have what I have. It is like having food on the table. There are so many people who have less so yes I am always thankful for everything.

Annaleehunter 08-24-2011 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by ejpkam
I love the diversity of this quilting board. It is interesting to see the different interests and backgrounds but yet share a love of quilting. I especially enjoy seeing all the sewing spaces!! Some are absolutely breathtaking and resemble more of a studio with state of the art equipment, laptops, long arms, sergers, beautiful cabinets ect. And then we have the more humble homey spaces ( like mine lol) that have a low key sewing machine may or may not have a lot of bells and whistles and not tons of room yet beautiful things are created. I think how neat it is that despite if an individual has 25,000 in a sewing room/equipment or 2,500 or even 250 or (gasp) less … beautiful quilts and projects are still being created. Some of the most amazing quilts that have ever been made Dear Jane for an example—the woman didn’t even have a rotary cutter people! Yet a masterpiece was made because of the drive and passion she possessed. So it is encouraging to me that anything is possible and if we are blessed enough to have all the extras that is wonderful but don’t down yourself if you do not have the latest either. Because in the end it is all about the Love of quilting!

Thank You!!

janisspencer 08-25-2011 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by MrsM
Amen! :-D

jan

Gramof6 08-25-2011 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Annaleehunter

Originally Posted by ejpkam
I love the diversity of this quilting board. It is interesting to see the different interests and backgrounds but yet share a love of quilting. I especially enjoy seeing all the sewing spaces!! Some are absolutely breathtaking and resemble more of a studio with state of the art equipment, laptops, long arms, sergers, beautiful cabinets ect. And then we have the more humble homey spaces ( like mine lol) that have a low key sewing machine may or may not have a lot of bells and whistles and not tons of room yet beautiful things are created. I think how neat it is that despite if an individual has 25,000 in a sewing room/equipment or 2,500 or even 250 or (gasp) less … beautiful quilts and projects are still being created. Some of the most amazing quilts that have ever been made Dear Jane for an example—the woman didn’t even have a rotary cutter people! Yet a masterpiece was made because of the drive and passion she possessed. So it is encouraging to me that anything is possible and if we are blessed enough to have all the extras that is wonderful but don’t down yourself if you do not have the latest either. Because in the end it is all about the Love of quilting!

Thank You!!

I so agree!!! We all have a certain love or passion here & that is all that matters. When I started in '97 I did not have a Rotary Cutter & had no clue how to use one. Used scissors and made templates out of cereal boxes. Hey it worked!!!

bobquilt3 08-28-2011 11:24 PM

Amen! It's a joy to visit this board every day. :thumbup:

eiltcoq 08-29-2011 12:57 AM

ejpkam, I'm amazed at what ladies did years ago without the fancy equilment that we have, today. Dear Jane is a good example of a quilt that will always be a classic. I would love to be able to tell the creator of DJ that her quilt is a Work of Art.
DJ is one quilt that is on my to do list. Eiltcoq.