Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Karen Montgomery, Brown Bag Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/karen-montgomery-brown-bag-mystery-t320125.html)

marybs 02-19-2023 04:04 AM

Karen Montgomery, Brown Bag Mystery

Has anyone ever participated in the Karen Montgomery Brown Bag Mystery? It looks like it might be fun. I have been in a real rut lately and thinking this might be a good way to get back in the game. I am overwhelmed by all the shops and choices available.

lindaschipper 02-19-2023 04:48 AM

Had to google this to see what it was. So you don't get to pick your own fabrics and clues are sent by snail mail every two weeks?
It would drive me insane (short trip I will admit), not something I'm willing to spend money on.

Lena1952 02-19-2023 05:02 AM

I have not but it sure looks like fun. Almost makes me wish I had a FB account - almost.

bkay 02-19-2023 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lena1952 (Post 8589930)
I have not but it sure looks like fun. Almost makes me wish I had a FB account - almost.

I certainly get that. I did sign up so that I could access a I spy swap group. I restart my browser after leaving, which deletes cookies. It might not help, but it makes me feel less "spied on".
bkay

toogie 02-19-2023 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper (Post 8589927)
Had to google this to see what it was. So you don't get to pick your own fabrics and clues are sent by snail mail every two weeks?
It would drive me insane (short trip I will admit), not something I'm willing to spend money on.

I had to laugh because I like short trips-lol

thimblebug6000 02-19-2023 11:12 AM

There are some lovely kits being posted, I did her Nine-patch challenge and find her very thorough.

happylab 02-19-2023 06:59 PM

I looked at the site and pondered the mystery. I didn’t see a fabric that told me to buy yet. I’m curious if the fabric selection is the border at the end and part of the block some where. Plus how many pieces of fabrics are used? I lean towards wanting to see all of the fabric selection in the mystery before I buy. That’s just me.

marybs 02-20-2023 03:07 AM

I hear you! I think that is part of my issue. I think it would be really fun, but there are so many shops and so many fabric choices. It is hard to even find all of them. I wish one of the New England shops was participating so I could just limit my choice to buying local.

IrishNY 02-20-2023 09:17 AM

I've got more than enough projects where I selected fabric I like to take a chance on something I might dislike. However, it does seem like something that might get creative juices flowing again so might be just the right thing for you! Let us know what you decide to do.

zennia 02-21-2023 06:28 AM

I don't like mysteries but I have a lot of interest in this one. I like the fabrics choices people are posting. Karen's site has a lot of good information about quilting. I might have to bite on this one.