Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Kaye's Quilting College - Lexington, KY (April 1-3) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/kayes-quilting-college-lexington-ky-april-1-3-a-t110290.html)

miholmes 03-24-2011 09:30 AM

Hello everyone,

I've been mia for awhile because works has been completely crazy. Luckily I have next weekend off to road trip to Lexington Kentucky for Kaye's Quilting College! :)

I just wondered if anyone else for the board will be there? Hoping to have a great weekend full of quilting, it's been awhile since I've been able to devote an entire day to it.

raedar63 03-24-2011 09:43 AM

Lexington is just about 2 hours from me I am going to see if I am off work and check this out!

Ducky 03-24-2011 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by miholmes
Hello everyone,

I've been mia for awhile because works has been completely crazy. Luckily I have next weekend off to road trip to Lexington Kentucky for Kaye's Quilting College! :)

I just wondered if anyone else for the board will be there? Hoping to have a great weekend full of quilting, it's been awhile since I've been able to devote an entire day to it.

Sounds like a lot of fun! Take pictures.

Ginaky 03-24-2011 09:45 AM

I thought about going but decided to go to the International Quilt Festival in Cincinnati the next weekend. I live close enough to Lexington that I could have gone and then come back home for the night. I'll probably end up wishing I went!

There are several nice quilting stores in Lexington, along with Becky's (she is the one who owns Sterling Quilt Shop in Mt. Sterling--she's sponsoring this workshop). Her store is a little less than an hour away.

raedar63 03-24-2011 09:47 AM

I am even closer to cinci! I think It is my weekend to work though dang it. Where is the show in cinci?

LeslieFrost 03-24-2011 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
I am even closer to cinci! I think It is my weekend to work though dang it. Where is the show in cinci?

It is at Duke Energy Center. Starts on Thursday, Apr. 7 for preview -- goes to Sunday afternoon.

wolfkitty 03-24-2011 10:11 AM

Wow! These sound like fun! Enjoy!

Ginaky 03-24-2011 10:15 AM

I'm about 20 min. south of Lexington and about 90 min. south of Cincinnati, so neither one is a huge trip for me. Our homemakers group here is taking a bus to the Festival in Cincinnati-and the cost is lots less that me driving up there and parking!

Mike, I was thinking about you earlier today, that we hadn't seen or heard anything from you lately.

Ginaky 03-24-2011 10:17 AM

Here is the contact info for the Kaye England Workshop--it might be too late to sign up for it, but Becky told me about 2 weeks ago she still had some spots.

Becky, Sterling Thimble Quilt Shop, Mt. Sterling, Kentucky

859-498-0860

miholmes 03-24-2011 10:19 AM

Yeah, with the economy the place I work for has let a lot of people go and transitioned some jobs offshore. So I'm super happy to be employed still (knock on wood).

But we've been busy picking up some slack, so hopefully things calm down soon. Because I need to get some quilting in! :)