Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Keepin it Klean and Komfortable (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/keepin-klean-komfortable-t57736.html)

JudeWill 08-06-2010 07:54 PM

I keep plastic bags attached to my sewing tables and I "try" to put most of the thread in those. I saw someplace in one of the sewing mags or books I have a method of making fabric out of pieces of thread. That's another of my "someday" things. :lol:

zz-pd 08-06-2010 08:54 PM

I don't have a lot to begin with, but I have platic boxes from the dollar store, and I have to sew in the living room, so I cant leave anything out. God bless. Penny

Ritas Relics 08-07-2010 05:26 PM

I have a friend that collects all our scraps from out ladies home bureau projects( yes there is still such a thing ), then she makes doggie beds with the scraps. Cute.

seamstome 08-08-2010 06:26 AM

I got so disorganized yesterday I could NOT quilt. I had to take about two hours to get everything put away again and then I could work!

jetnica 08-08-2010 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by seamstome
I got so disorganized yesterday I could NOT quilt. I had to take about two hours to get everything put away again and then I could work!

This happened to me Friday! I was happily sewing along when all the stuff I had tossed on top of the shelves fell!!! I took a bit and cleaned and organized and went back to work.

Not perfect, but better. Would be perfect if I stopped buying and finished up some projects.

GailG 08-08-2010 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by jetnica

This happened to me Friday! I was happily sewing along when all the stuff I had tossed on top of the shelves fell!!! I took a bit and cleaned and organized and went back to work.

Not perfect, but better. Would be perfect if I stopped buying and finished up some projects.

That must have been SOME stuff!! You make me feel so much "at home."
:lol:

jetnica 08-08-2010 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by GailG

Originally Posted by jetnica

That must have been SOME stuff!! You make me feel so much "at home."
:lol:

lol - theres not a lot of stuff - but i had haphazardly tossed stuff up there for a few weeks. I stacked it correctly and made piles of stuff to do in the order it needs done.

of course, today was supposed to be a sew-in - but my new nephew came yesterday! Instead of sewing I'm going to the hospital to cuddle with him. =)

bluesnowdoe 08-09-2010 03:31 PM

Welcome to my world

buslady 08-10-2010 06:33 AM

I was reading this blog in Friday, Saturday my DH came looking for me and laughed his head off. I was sitting in the corner of my "craft room" with boxes all around me. I spent more than 2 hours organizing. Whatever it takes to motivate!!

fish92241 08-17-2010 11:04 AM

The plastic containers are the greatest, but I have found that I MUST label them, or I end up looking through four or five before I find the one I want. I use a sharpie to write on the label, and put a new label on when I change the contents. Thanks to everyone for all the hints.