Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Keepsake Trip (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/keepsake-trip-t118047.html)

jrlocklin 04-22-2011 02:55 PM

Just got back from my very first trip to KQ. It was very nice but I think the biggest impression I left with is how lucky I am to have so many beautiful quilting stores near my home. While smaller, they just have so much character. Anybody else feel that way after visiting KQ?

maine ladybug 04-22-2011 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by jrlocklin
Just got back from my very first trip to KQ. It was very nice but I think the biggest impression I left with is how lucky I am to have so many beautiful quilting stores near my home. While smaller, they just have so much character. Anybody else feel that way after visiting KQ?

I've heard that same thing before. Some of my quilting friends think it's just too big, and if you aren't looking for a certian thing it is too much to take in. Personally I don't feel that way. I only get there maybe once a year or less and enjoy all the choices that they have.

Marion Jean 04-22-2011 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by jrlocklin

Oh, I miss the glens falls/queensbury area shops so much. moved a year and a half ago to NC - love the area, but only have one quilt shop nearby. I was sooooo spoiled up north.

Marion Jean 04-22-2011 03:21 PM

P.S. I'll bet you're a member of Wings Falls guild. I still get the emails from them, and I think there was a recent KQ field trip thru the guild.

MissSandra 04-22-2011 03:36 PM

KQ? where is this

maine ladybug 04-22-2011 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by MissSandra
KQ? where is this

In New Hampshire by Lake Winnipesaukee.

MissSandra 04-22-2011 03:46 PM

hmmmm i wonder how far that is for me i'm going to have to look!
Thank you

CarrieAnne 04-22-2011 03:48 PM

Oh, I would LOVE to go there some time!

Fabaddict 04-22-2011 04:06 PM

definately

BellaBoo 04-22-2011 04:16 PM

I was surprised at how much the New Hampshire area looked just like Northern AR. It's beautiful. I was overwhelmed when I walked in Keepsakes. The displays and quilts were so nice. I didn't know where to look first. It was one of the best quilt shops I have been in.
I was visiting Boston and Keepsakes wasn't that far away for car drive. My biggest mistake was not going alone. Before an hour was up the online quilters (I had only chatted with online) that planned the trip to meet up with me half way and we all go there were ready to leave and go eat. ? I can eat anytime. They said everything was too expensive for them so we may as well leave. They drove further then I did to go! I was so frustrated, why even go on the trip if all they could do was complain about not having any money! I had to leave with them to get to my car about two hours away. I was rushed so fast I didn't even know there was a big yarn/needlework shop attached! I was leaving the next day so I couldn't go back alone.
The sales people were very nice but were getting rather put out and I was embarrassed how the ones I were with kept saying everything was too expensive for their blood.