Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   King Tut Thread ?????? do you use it ????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/king-tut-thread-do-you-use-t167582.html)

Digitizingqueen 11-11-2011 07:30 AM

Superior Threads also has the thread charts for sale with real thread swatches of King Tut - they cost a bit but it is a true representation of the thread so you cna colr match much easier - I use more Signiture than Kind tut but it is very nice thread - course I have a gammill

BKrenning 11-11-2011 10:55 AM

Joann's has it on their on-line store in 500 yard spools and 2000 yard cones. It's not on sale right now, though. I get mine when they do their 50% off all thread sales. I got a bunch of different brands the last time I ordered & was very happy with the Robison-Anton Super-Stitch Cotton. My only complaint was that they don't carry it on cones. The spool was just enough for a twin size quilt.

snipforfun 11-11-2011 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by BKrenning (Post 4666664)
Joann's has it on their on-line store in 500 yard spools and 2000 yard cones. It's not on sale right now, though. I get mine when they do their 50% off all thread sales. I got a bunch of different brands the last time I ordered & was very happy with the Robison-Anton Super-Stitch Cotton. My only complaint was that they don't carry it on cones. The spool was just enough for a twin size quilt.

Joanns.com has the King Tut cones. I wonder if they take it off the site when they have the thread sales??? hmmmmm

Fabaddict 11-11-2011 01:06 PM

I have a Nolting Pro 24 and she just loves King Tut - so do I. It is a really nice thread for quilting. I order mine from Superior Threads either on line, or when I go to a show I get it there.

Lori S 11-11-2011 01:15 PM

I love King Tut thread . .. I have never seen or heard of a Jo Ann's sell King Tut thread.

ube quilting 11-11-2011 01:37 PM

I love KTT. I use it all the time for LAQ and regular piecing. It is worth trying.
peace

Joanns only sells Coats and Clark which I find to be very linty.

MissDaisyDo 11-11-2011 01:53 PM

I also have a Tin Lizzie and use King Tut for the upper and Bottom Line for the bobbin. I ordered mine from kenquilt.com also dba machine quilting connection. They are near Wichita, Kansas. In July, I paid $17.95 for the large King Tut and $10.00 for the large Bottom Line. They shipped it right away. I've ordered more than once and have been pleased. Superior threads included a brochure with the Lizzie showing their threads and colors.

Prettiptibbs 11-11-2011 02:23 PM

Try : www.sewthankful.com

I have bought Superior threads frpm them at a lower price than Superior themselves

BKrenning 11-12-2011 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting (Post 4667179)
I love KTT. I use it all the time for LAQ and regular piecing. It is worth trying.
peace

Joanns only sells Coats and Clark which I find to be very linty.

I stated that Joann's ONLINE sells King Tut and other brands. Our local brick & mortar shops have Guterman, some Mettler, Sulky and the bigger ones have some Signature threads as well as the normal Coats & Clark.

And no, they didn't pull it off the website when they ran one of their 50% off thread sales or at least they didn't when I ordered some.

Even Walmart has things on their web-site that aren't sold in their stores.

Doreen 11-12-2011 08:27 AM

I love King Tut, Nefertiti is the color I use more often. I love the stitches. You can call Superior threads or order online. They are tops in customer service. The thread is guaranteed.