Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   kitchens (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/kitchens-t16442.html)

BellaBoo 02-12-2009 04:17 PM

You never know what will catch someone's eye. It could be the scrappy look, the sophisticated look, or the whimsy look. I bought a potholder that had a picture of a camel on it. I have never thought about liking camels but that day I decided I liked them. :D

cookingardener 02-12-2009 04:18 PM

Mine was lime green up until a few weeks ago (a very fun color that became a bit too much for me when I was in wake up mode). Now it's painted a medium brown so I can use whatever color suits my fancy for accents. I've been gravitating towards "fun" colors. Bright limes, fushias, aqua, orange. They seem to be quite trendy right now.

joyful_noise 02-12-2009 04:20 PM

My kitchen is shades of browns, black and cranberry.

Quilting Aggi 02-12-2009 07:55 PM

I have done this and sold my work. Kitchen and food motifs are fun too. Good luck with your sales. I hope you will take photos.

butterflywing 02-12-2009 08:40 PM

mine is all white formica cabinets, counters, table, fridge, sink, etc. cobalt blue walls and medium blue floor tiles. place mats are solid blue and dark blue swivel chairs.. very modern.

scrappylouisa 02-13-2009 06:04 AM

My kitchen is done in red, white and blue. I have vintage wallcovering that has old fashioned water pumps, butter churns, flowers and butterflies. It is a creamy color with shades of brown for the items. I live in a rental so I'm stuck with it. I have red gingham curtains. I have blue cookware, blue and white dinnerware, and blue handled silverware. I have wicker baskets, watermelons, advertising tins, Depression glass, wire egg baskets and miniature quilts decorating the kitchen. My dining area and kitchen are combined. I use various themed table runners. Some of the themes are watermelons, cows, Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day, Easter, frogs and some are various colors of quilt blocks that I made into table runners. I use quilted, crocheted and knitted potholders and hot pads that I've made over the years.

I guess you could say that my kitchen/dining area is done with a Country Theme.

Barbm 02-13-2009 07:27 AM

my kitchen is teal ice- a pale teal color. I wanted it like no one else's. I've been told it's very 80's so I've picked out "Atmospheric" a blue/grey color from Benjamin Moore. I saw it in a Pottery Barn catalog. It will go with my teal countertops and oak cabinets.

Barb

zennia 02-13-2009 08:59 AM

I was going to say the same as redquilter. Mine is a blue green with red accents. I can use red, black ,yellow,blue, I guess almost any color. My dining room is real light color andIdecorate to go with season. Looking at magazines should give you ideas of current trends to.

Marguerite 02-13-2009 10:28 AM

My kitchen is peach melba with a white ceiling. Nice and bright

mrs theo 02-13-2009 10:36 AM

My kitchen is a butter yellow color accented with green and red. Kind of a Tuscan theme.