Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Klasse needles (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/klasse-needles-t122911.html)

true4uca 05-13-2011 10:16 PM

I just bought some Klasse Titanium coated machine needles ( I have a brother machine). I have tried 3 so far, when I sew my machine makes a clunking sound, kinda like a flat tire. My machine is usually really quite sounding. I think my machine doesn't like them. LOL. It's really hard to sew over a seam, when joining blocks, I have to stop & raise my pressor foot. I never did that before, except with demin jeans. I've just picked up some other needles, hopefully I'll get to try them this weekend. Anyone else have problems with them.

jmabby 05-14-2011 12:58 AM

I would'nt chance ruining my machine with them. You may hurt the bobbin holder

Marion T 05-14-2011 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by true4uca
I just bought some Klasse Titanium coated machine needles ( I have a brother machine). I have tried 3 so far, when I sew my machine makes a clunking sound, kinda like a flat tire. My machine is usually really quite sounding. I think my machine doesn't like them. LOL. It's really hard to sew over a seam, when joining blocks, I have to stop & raise my pressor foot. I never did that before, except with demin jeans. I've just picked up some other needles, hopefully I'll get to try them this weekend. Anyone else have problems with them.

I use Klasse a lot and have never had a problem. I also have Brother machines. Try taking the needle out, and repositioning it - sometimes if you don't push it far enough up the shaft, it isn't "set" in properly. Although, if your Brother has the automatic needle threader, then this won't work unless the needle is positioned correctly. In that case, I don't know what the problem is. Perhaps you got a bad batch of needles?

abdconsultant 05-14-2011 04:34 AM

I love the Klasse machine needles, I have a Bernina.

skothing 05-14-2011 05:26 AM

I use them for my most prized work. Love them. I agree that the needle may not be up in the shaft far enough. try again. When you use these needles you may never want another. I ordered a case of 11's and a case of 12's. They have been so popular they are on back order. Maybe a year before I get them. :thumbdown:

featherweight 05-14-2011 05:49 AM

I use them and Schmetz. Never have a problem with either.

quiltingaz 05-14-2011 06:01 AM

I use the Klasse titanium needles for machine quilting. I think they work best. A lot less skipped stitches. I use Schmetz for piecing because they are less expensive since I can get them on sale at Joann's.

Leota 05-14-2011 06:03 AM

sounds like the needle is either too long or not set in properly...and hitting the bobbin...

PaperPrincess 05-14-2011 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
sounds like the needle is either too long or not set in properly...and hitting the bobbin...

I agree. Lay one of the Klasse needles next to one of the ones you usually use to see if there is a length difference. If not, the needle may not be far enough up.

kathy 05-14-2011 06:53 AM

also be sure you're using the right size for the job