Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Koala Cabinet - SewMate Plus IV (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/koala-cabinet-sewmate-plus-iv-t157113.html)

dmyers 10-01-2011 05:31 AM

I love my Koala cabinet! It's just as good as the day I bought it in the late 90's. They don't make my model anymore. One thing I don't like is that they don't support making new cutouts for older models.

Candace 10-01-2011 08:09 AM

I have 2 Koalas and they're awesome. You won't be disappointed.

Boscobd 10-01-2011 07:02 PM

Sounds like Koala is pretty high on everyone's list. Thank you everyone for your input! I'm going with the SewMate Plus and will finalize the order this week. I'm so excited!

Honchey 10-02-2011 06:31 AM

Juat to give you an example....When the shop where I worked was closing all the cabinets were also being sold. I purchased one of them at a greatly reduced price. while rolling the cabinet on the concrete driveway one of the casters broke and needed to be replaced. I had to get a Koala caster as they connect to the cabinet in a special way. I called the 800# and they graciously sent replacements at no charge!! 6 of them. I was totally surprised. They sell a quality product and stand behind it by having great customer service. Anne

Momyar 10-03-2011 08:11 AM

I have the quilt mate IV and love it but so wish I had gone with the sewing mate. only because I don't really need the extra drawers (well I do but ...) I would have rather had the sewing machine on the far right corner than in the middle of the table. Especially when quilting a larger quilt.

Otherwise, I love the table. I can open up the draw left in the back and spray baste a baby size quilt without any problems.

I don't believe you'll go wrong with a Koala!

KOALA 10-24-2014 09:40 AM

Hello dmyers!! I am with the Koala Studios & Suites wholesale division and came across your post. I am curious to your "new cutouts for older models" Are you looking for an insert for a Sewing Machine or Serger? If you are, these are still available for the Koala cabinets that were made in Australia. You local Sewing Machine dealer can order that for you or you can also go to sewsteady.com and order one directly from them. (They are the manufacturer) All you would need is the make and model of the sewing machine and the make & model of the cabinet or measurements of the opening on the cabinet. I hope this helps!! Thank you...Koala Studios & Suites made in the USA

ManiacQuilter2 10-24-2014 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill (Post 4342450)
I have admired them from afar-alas, too expensive for my budget! Would give anything (almost) for one!

I agree with Jill. I am STILL using my Singer sewing desk I received for graduating from HS in 1970. Fortunately, my Bernina sits perfectly in the opening.

Rhonda Lee 10-26-2014 04:44 PM

I love my Koala furniture. I have several pieces and have been very pleased with all of them.

jeanne49 10-26-2014 04:48 PM

Love my Koala cabinet, I was lucky enough to inherit it from my mother. I never close it up as I have a room just for sewing, but when it is closed up it is a beautiful piece of furniture. So if it has to go in a room where you cannot leave it open it's great, and it can be locked to keep little fingers out. Love the extension table, which in my case is always up. I know they are expensive but I think they are well worth the money. And, there are so many models available.

Leslie333 10-26-2014 05:16 PM

I'm in the "love my Koala cabinet" club as well. It was really expensive, but I spend a lot of time sitting at that cabinet, so to me it is worth it. I have the QuiitPro Plus IV and just love it!