Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Labor day..and a little bit of sewing. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/labor-day-little-bit-sewing-t229314.html)

carolaug 09-02-2013 11:59 AM

Labor day..and a little bit of sewing.

Well not too much sewing today...my machine is still acting up, but I was able to make a log cabin block, I tried Jenny D's flying geese but put it together wrong, I sewed together blocks together and made a cute mat...candle mat maybe?? its not flying geese but it came out nice. I then sewed together a bunch of 2 1/2 squares and made a few cat mats for the logal shelter. I went to go grab the hudge bag of fabric that I decided to get rid of yesterday...hubby already got rid of them...figures...Oh well...I still had some fabric in my scrap pile for the backing and a few pieces of batting that was the perfect size. I practiced FMQ'ing on them. He will bring them to the animal shelter...the kitties will love them and I had a good time making them.

Luv Quilts and Cats 09-02-2013 12:21 PM

Sounds like you were busy! Love the idea of the cat mats for the shelter. I have made a couple of small quilts for my cat, one finished is in her kitty condo, two are still tops waiting to be done. And I used them to learn machine quilting too. She's happy to have something cuddly and I'm happy to be able to practice!

carolaug 09-02-2013 12:32 PM

I am glad to have a use for some of my fabric that I know I will not use. The cats at the shelter will snuggle in them. Most of it was given to me and I have made several quilts from them. I am so ready to look at different fabric. The log cabin is very easy, but its going to be slow going. Not sure how big I am going to make it. hoping a lapsize, but all depends on how much of the white flower fabric. I am hoping I have more somewhere in my stash.

Mitch's mom 09-02-2013 05:15 PM

What is a cat mat? My neighbor lady cares for a bunch of cats.

Lovequilting22 09-02-2013 07:57 PM

I planned to get some quilting done today, but started editing wedding photos I shot so that took longer than expected. :(. Tomorrow is another day!

mighty 09-03-2013 07:00 AM

Sounds like a busy and fun day!!!

mandyrose 09-04-2013 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom (Post 6270545)
What is a cat mat? My neighbor lady cares for a bunch of cats.

either a little mat to lay on or to put there food on I made one for my late tabby:( and when it was feeding time and bowl was empty I would find the mat and empty bowl in the center of the floor all wet from his water sloshing around as he was moving it, I miss him....

IBQUILTIN 09-04-2013 10:04 AM

Sounds like you got a lot accomplished. The shelter will appreciate all your good work

Jannie 09-04-2013 06:02 PM

Sounds like you got a lot done for having a machine that is acting up.

mjhaess 09-09-2013 05:06 AM

That is great...Wish I had time to sew...With my sewing room in progress I don't have time...