Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lancaster quilting show tomorrow-parking and shuttle-help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lancaster-quilting-show-tomorrow-parking-shuttle-help-t182648.html)

kacklebird 03-13-2012 05:46 AM

Lancaster quilting show tomorrow-parking and shuttle-help

Hi,

My mom and I are going to the Lancaster AQS tomorrow. We've never been before. We're going to use the park and shuttle too. Has anyone used the park and shuttle and if so is there plenty of parking? They've listed 2 shuttle lots. One is Burle Business Park and Liberty Place. Anyone used either and is one closer than the other to the show? I wasn't sure if we should get to the lot really early in order to get a spot. We were going to get to the lot around 9:00 a.m. Does anyone know if that's a good time or we will end up having to find a garage? I hope someone can helps as we've never been to one of these shows and we're not staying in the hotel where it's being held. Any tips or help is greatly appreciated about parking, the show, etc.:o

Thanks,
Kathy

bambiquilts 03-13-2012 05:52 AM

I learned last year that by the time you pay for the park and shuttle you might as well pay to park in the garage close to the center because they have a special deal and it works out to be the same or even less. Check out the parking info on the website.

bambiquilts 03-13-2012 06:24 AM

I just looked at the website again. They are only using the Burle lot this year for a shuttle lot. Its 5.00 to park there and 2.00 round trip per person for the shuttle. If you park at a garage the most it would be is 7.00 for 8 hours or more, if you pick up a discount ticket at the hotel courtesy desk.

kacklebird 03-13-2012 11:45 AM

Do you know if the garages fill up quickly? I was hoping to get there by 9:30.

Thanks

kacklebird 03-13-2012 12:46 PM

bambiquilts
Thanks for telling me about the garages. Sounds better than the shuttle. I hope there's one close by :)

Sunnie 03-13-2012 05:12 PM

Last year I used the shuttle from the Burle lot. I liked it because I didn't have to walk 2 1/2 blocks from the parking garage in town. That way I had more walking left for the show.

barri1 03-13-2012 05:24 PM

Thanks for the info.. I'm hoping on driving down from LI on Sat.. Staying over, and checking out the area..
Fran found me, so we are going together..
Should be a fun weekend.. Poor Socrates is going to the dog sitter..
Barri

kacklebird 03-13-2012 05:29 PM

Sunnie,

Is there a lot of distance in between the blocks? Maybe I'll write down the parking shuttle lot info and take it with me just in case. Now I'm torn...hmmm. I'm not up to walking really far, but do like the idea of having the garage close if I can get one close. I just hope they're not filled.
thanks

kacklebird 03-13-2012 05:30 PM

barri1,

I see you're going Saturday. I'm hoping it's not mobbed tomorrow since I picked the first day it's opened. We're not taking classes, but I want to see all of the goodies the vendors have. Of course to eat the good Amish food too in Lancaster. I just love Lancaster.

Take care and have fun :)

kacklebird 03-13-2012 05:31 PM

Sunnie-is it difficult to find? Is the show huge and typically crowded?