Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lesson I learned about pebble quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lesson-i-learned-about-pebble-quilting-t199570.html)

SunlitenSmiles 09-06-2012 02:59 AM

sometimes lighting at an angle helps....wonder if superior thread could come up with something like the ironaway or wateraway product that is used for quilt marking pens only on the thread...guess I will e-mail them an ask

actually they read quilting board ....laughing....they will see it here first

maviskw 09-06-2012 03:41 AM

What is pebble quilting?

promenades 09-06-2012 03:54 AM

LOL Okay ladies, I will remember this post when I am quilting.

rj.neihart 09-06-2012 05:07 AM

LOL - thank you for sharing!

Self taught quilter 09-06-2012 05:46 AM

I have a small LED light that I bought for less than $25 that sticks on my machine. It has an adjustable goose neck that can be positioned right on the area I am sewing in. I can see every little stitch. It is really powerful. LOOve it. Can also stretch the neck out to shine on my quilt to see to rip.

catmcclure 09-06-2012 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5491286)
Wouldn't it be nice to have thread like that???

What a great idea! But there will be the naysayers saying it will be full of chemicals and ruin my quilt in a hundred years. LOL

In 100 years they'll be there to be upset?????

hperttula123 09-06-2012 06:45 AM

You can use a black light. Also, use the sunlight. There are perfect times of day to quilt where you won't strain your eyes so much. In the evenings, the sun shines into the quilting room so all I see is the quilting. I love it. Of course, I close the window back up when I'm done. Make sure to take breaks. I love the look of pebbling, but it kills my wrists. Micro handles will be a must in the future.

dorrell ann 09-06-2012 07:59 AM

I just finished a king size quilt with alot of black - I did cirles on the black -WHY !!!-never again.........

MadQuilter 09-06-2012 08:20 AM

Pebble Quilting is FMQ in the shape of pebbles (or uneven circles of different sizes).

You could draw the shapes with the blue marking pens and then follow along the outline. That would help with visibility but it would also add some time.

FroggyinTexas 09-06-2012 08:59 AM

Right on, BellaBoo! Some of these folks need to read an old, old book titled The Hidden Persuaders, by Vance Packard. As in "Pall Mall filters the smoke further." Yeah, for the first puff. Of course, that was a long time ago.
Now people are afraid of used dryer sheets and won't use them as foundations for string quilts because "they are full of chemicals." No they aren't. Most of the chemicals that were orginally in them are now in the clothes that were in the dryer with them--and you are wearing them right now. My mantra for my high school students was "USE A LITTLE
SENSE!" froggyintexas

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5491286)
Wouldn't it be nice to have thread like that???

What a great idea! But there will be the naysayers saying it will be full of chemicals and ruin my quilt in a hundred years. LOL