Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Let's Play A Little Game Of "Can You Spot The Defect"? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lets-play-little-game-%22can-you-spot-defect%22-t133898.html)

Ps 150 06-28-2011 05:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I..am...a...perfectionist. With that being said, I'm going nuts! A few weeks back I made two baby quilts in two weeks for my two nephews. One was a Funky Monkey 3D Pinwheel but I miscounted and ended up with enough blocks to make two baby quilts. So, when I finished the quilt top for my nephew just before dinner one night, I thought it would be perfect to finish the other top up that night before I had to quilt my nephew's quilt the next morning. I have learned my lesson on doing late night piecing.

The worst part?? First, I've been under the weather this week, so I should've known better than to quilt while I wasn't on top of my game. If I had waited until next week, I probably would've noticed the mistake at some point, in one of the stages that leads to the finished project. I finished that quilt top late at night, folded it up and set it aside. Then, today, I pressed it, pinned it and quilted it. Then, I bound it. And, as I was spraying water on my water-soluable pen markings, I realized my mistake!! Grrrr! This is killing my perfectionist side. How did I miss this??

Here's the finished quilt, but I haven't folded the binding to the back yet.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218296[/ATTACH]

Here's a closer look...can you spot it yet?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218297[/ATTACH]

Well, here it is. The border strips. One of them is backwards. Only one. And I didn't notice it until the last minute! AFTER I had bound it. What am I going to do??
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218298[/ATTACH]

QuiltingGrannie 06-28-2011 05:39 PM

As a perfectionist I know it will be hard to let it go and not worry about it, but I think that would be fine to do. No one will really notice, but you (and us now that you have pointed it out ;) )

It's beautiful as it is.

medots 06-28-2011 05:39 PM

I can't find the mistake, You are worring to much.

babyfireo4 06-28-2011 05:40 PM

Just say you're supposed to sit with that side facing you so all the monkeys are looking towards you ;)

littlehud 06-28-2011 05:40 PM

You had to point it out to me or I wouldn't have seen it. I say leave it.

medots 06-28-2011 05:41 PM

O.K I found it but you had to point it out.
It is really cute.

stephaniequeen 06-28-2011 05:41 PM

Honestly I din't notice it until you pointed it out...neither will the recipient...the quilt is beautiful as it is...I'm sure he will love it anyway!!!!

Teacup 06-28-2011 05:41 PM

Don't point it out and no one will ever notice. If anyone says anything. Don't be so hard on yourself. Besides, monkeys hang around every which way and don't stay in one place.

craftybear 06-28-2011 05:42 PM

cute, don't worry about it, it was suppose to be that way if anyone asks you

Irene Frohreich 06-28-2011 05:42 PM

The quilt is great and living up to it's name Funky Monkey,
he was just being a monkey when you weren't looking.
No one would notice except you.