Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lets share Christmas ideas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lets-share-christmas-ideas-t149262.html)

craftymatt2 09-02-2011 06:10 PM

tHANK YOU ONE AND ALL FOR ALL THE NICE IDEAS, CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE SOME OF THESE. JUST BEAUTIFUL

Grammy-Gram 09-04-2011 08:58 AM

I have made place mats, table runners and table toppers for Christmas gifts and everyone seemed to like them. At least, I hope they did. LOL. the only ones I did in a Christmas theme were the table toppers.

Hope this helps, and have fun.

Lucille

Grammy-Gram 09-04-2011 09:01 AM

Oh, I forgot. I, too, have made everyone pillow cases of their favorite things and they went over pretty well. Forgot to add that to my previous post.

Lucille

Jennifer22206 09-04-2011 09:18 AM

I'm doing a tablerunner and set of placemats for my grandmother, a tablerunner for my mom, some pillowcases for my dh, mom and DD, two aprons for my DD and that's it so far.

I'm usually almost dine by September and this year not so much

Little Sue 4.9 09-04-2011 11:00 AM

I'm making table runners for each family household. This is my second Christmas quilting. Last year doesn't count as I had just lost my oldest daughter (11/01/2010) to 2 types of Cancer. I am using the Tube style and I am really enjoying it. Plus I'm getting a lot of practice with the binding and I'm getting better at that also.

TanyaL 09-04-2011 11:33 AM

How many of you have other quilters or seamstresses in your family? Do you have to consider what they have given in recent years when you consider what you may give this year? For instance did a relative give table runners or mug rugs last year or aprons and towels so now you can't give those this year? Neck scarves are so easy that I'm adding these to my gift list, both silk and wool.

lynn_z 09-04-2011 12:04 PM

I am making "mini wall hangings" out of paper pieced trees. Approx 8x10 and I may add beads and strings of "pearls" available at LQS. Probably those for kids. But for grownups I may not decorate them for year around hanging.

SewExtremeSeams 09-05-2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL
How many of you have other quilters or seamstresses in your family? Do you have to consider what they have given in recent years when you consider what you may give this year? For instance did a relative give table runners or mug rugs last year or aprons and towels so now you can't give those this year? Neck scarves are so easy that I'm adding these to my gift list, both silk and wool.

Well, it is possible that the seamstress who gave you homemade gifts last year was pooped by the time she was done and DIDN'T make one for herself/himself!!!

Ask me why I think I know... lol, lol, lol :-D

lynn_z 09-05-2011 12:22 PM

Sorry for your loss..there is nothing worse than losing a child and I offer my deepest sympathy. Am glad you have quilting to help ease the pain.

moedersaar 09-07-2011 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by redvette54
I'm thinking pillow cases and a couple of Bow Tuck bags. I've learned to keep Christmas simple. Mostly give gift cards and cash.

I am loking for a bow tuck bag pattern do you have link that I can check out please