Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Life is a Journey and so is Quilt Making! What are you sewing and quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/life-journey-so-quilt-making-what-you-sewing-quilting-t99653.html)

craftybear 02-13-2011 11:19 PM

Life is a Journey and so is Quilt Making!

It is fun to learn new techniques, try out new quilt blocks and just play play play!

AnneT 02-13-2011 11:30 PM

Oh well, as I have to be FMQ a large sandwich on my domestic SM, the three "P" are involved, BUT more in the sense of practise, practise, practise *ROLLEYES*
My reward? The next pattern I have already in mind :).

Painiacs 02-14-2011 03:07 AM

I'm trying to finish a couple kimono quilts. 1 was suppose to be for mom for Christmas 1 for a friend and 1 hopefully for me! New to quilting so elaborate for me!!

sunflower126 02-14-2011 04:32 AM

Baby quilts for twin boys expected mid April. Working on a major scrapbooking project for my oldest grandson's graduation in June. Right now that is top priority but quilting when I need a little break. (when the creativity runs dry).

cherylynne 02-14-2011 05:02 AM

I am trying to teach myself applique and when I feel ready I will make a teapot quilt. I've also been working on a BOM that involves embroidery pictures of calendar girls. I guess it's in the primative catagory. Saw it at my LQS and decided to try something different than pieced blocks. I am looking for portable projects because we travel as soon as school is finished.

Midwestmary 02-14-2011 05:17 AM

I have three lap size quilts ready to FMQ. Two of them are from the "Straight to the Point" series of patterns using charm squares. I keep telling myself to keep with them all the way to completion before I start another project :)

....next up I plan to start on a Buggy Barn pattern using the assortment of Kansas Troubles I have collected.

tomilu 02-14-2011 05:19 AM

I am striving to get my UFO stack lowered, lol. Also working on FarmersWifeSampler blocks and getting ready to cut out a D9P for Quilts of Valor. And coping with a sick hubby!

Bottle Blonde 02-14-2011 05:25 AM

I am working on a scrappy quilt made with old flannel shirts and sheets. I am doing this for a gal that I work with.....it has been a bit of a nightmare! What have I learned from this project? ..... to never ever agree to do something like this again..... lesson learned. : )

I haven't decided on my next project yet --- I really need to quilt a few tops that are hanging out in my sewing studio --- they are getting restless and have started giving me dirty looks every time I go in there!

vjengels 02-14-2011 05:29 AM

I just finished a contemporay baby quilt for a co-worker; now will begin a scrap quilt for another co-worker who gave me a paper box overloaded with her quilting fabrics; she has arthritic hands and says she won't quilt any more. Told her that if she gives me her fabric, I'll make her a quilt... I thought a broken dishes quilt might be nice from the looks of the scraps.

NDQuilts 02-14-2011 05:31 AM

Let's list them
Farmers wife - 10 blocks done
Quilted diamonds
Dear Jane
Grandmas flower garden
Affairs if the heart - just needs a sharks tooth border
Delectable mountains - appliqué border
Numerous piles of fabric matched to a pattern and 12 or so tops waiting to be handquilted. Can you tell that I like samplers and handwork?