Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Light fix. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/light-fix-t281230.html)

Onebyone 08-10-2016 05:43 PM

Light fix.

1 Attachment(s)
My light strip sticky wouldn't stick anymore. And when I was machine quilting the quilt top would push it off the machine when bunched up. I found the solution that works great. The light stays in place and no tape or glue stuff needed. Two elastic bands did the trick.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555749[/ATTACH]

Onebyone 08-10-2016 05:45 PM

The thread should be behind the bar going into the tension. Correct way is three times behind the bar. Don't think that is the way it should be threaded. LOL

Onebyone 08-10-2016 06:01 PM

I'm going to buy a package of white bands next time I'm in Staples. It will look a little more classy.

cathyre 08-10-2016 06:07 PM

Good idea thinking outside the box .

lots2do 08-10-2016 06:09 PM

That reminds me of the piece of cloth people used to put on their machines to hold pins, back in the old days. Glad you found a solution.

QuiltnNan 08-11-2016 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7624354)
The thread should be behind the bar going into the tension. Correct way is three times behind the bar. Don't think that is the way it should be threaded. LOL

mine worked best with two winds around the bar. whatever keeps the tension right is the right way to thread it.

ManiacQuilter2 08-11-2016 03:52 AM

Great idea but be carefully to watch them because they might wear out with any heat generated from the sewing machine. They may just snap both or just one.

Onebyone 08-11-2016 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7624564)
Great idea but be carefully to watch them because they might wear out with any heat generated from the sewing machine. They may just snap both or just one.

I haven't felt any heat at all on the machine body. I will buy the better bands though.

mine worked best with two winds around the bar. whatever keeps the tension right is the right way to thread it.
I don't use the bar unless I use mono poly thread. The thread cutter works better not using the bar to put tension on the thread so I use it as a thread guide. Also I leave the needle up position when using the thread cutter. A Brother tech gave me lots of tips and all the yes you can with this machine. It is my favorite machine.

Barb in Louisiana 08-11-2016 04:31 AM

Quilters are innovative at fixing problems for sure. I like your rubberband approach. Anyone can do that and we can't all screw or hammer or make new holes in stuff. :)

I am curious....Which Brother model is this that you guys love so much?

Onebyone 08-11-2016 05:03 AM

Mine is the Brother Nouvelle 1500s. I won it when it first came out. They are usually on sale for around $500 now. It is a straight stitch machine, all mechanical. I can take the housing off easy and I know what is inside, all metal.