Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   lil twister (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lil-twister-t146718.html)

ragqueen03 08-21-2011 07:32 AM

Yesterday a wonderful lady from our guild showed us how to do the lil twister. It was so much fun!!! I am so addicted to this! I had borrowed my sister's lil twister to do the workshop - she may not get it back!!! The possibilites are endless and it is absolutely amazing how they turn out. We had two ladies do theirs in 30's fabric - one was bordered in white the other in a darker green. They were beautiful - each had their own look. A couple of halloween ones - cute, cute, cute! I think I am ordering the larger one! i will try to post some pics if I can later. i took pics of just about everyone.

scrapykate 08-21-2011 07:36 AM

I love the look of the twister but it does take time and you have to be careful not to get them mixed up. Which to me means I have concentrate more than I am able at times. I've only done a boarder for a wall hanging and it did make it stunning. have fun!!

Charming 08-21-2011 07:40 AM

i wanna see the 1930s...pls pls pls post pics...maybe after all i can find a use for my 1930s FQ :-)

ragqueen03 08-21-2011 07:41 AM

Yes you do have to concentrate. I did mine in just two colors (never again) because I wanted it to resemble a wreath when it was done. I ripped out about four times. But it did turn out nice. in fact i will probably be making at least two more (I found some light green squares in my sewing room - older calico type that i think would make a cute spring time wreath)

Charming 08-21-2011 07:42 AM

ohhh that's a smart idea to do a border..did you just use one line of squares and borders around it???

Originally Posted by scrapykate
I love the look of the twister but it does take time and you have to be careful not to get them mixed up. Which to me means I have concentrate more than I am able at times. I've only done a boarder for a wall hanging and it did make it stunning. have fun!!

ragqueen03 08-21-2011 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Charming
i wanna see the 1930s...pls pls pls post pics...maybe after all i can find a use for my 1930s FQ :-)

i'll try. gotta figure out how to just download certain pics from the camera without downloading the entire thing :oops: i am not the most technological person around - hehe!

amma 08-21-2011 08:03 AM

I loe this pattern too, they are so much fun to make :D:D:D

susie-susie-susie 08-21-2011 08:45 AM

I just finished my Twister quilt last week. I took a class and the very first cut I did, I had the ruler upside down. Instead of stopping to fix it right then I continued with the cutting--right side up. I spent 2 days fixing that one thing. Finally got it done and used this quilt to practice on the long arm. Turned out wonderful, and no I can't post a picture. Don't know how. They are fun to make.
Sue