Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   List of Reasonably Priced Fabric Shops (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/list-reasonably-priced-fabric-shops-t152839.html)

Holice 09-14-2011 07:07 AM

Sometime ago I posted the suggestion that we compile a list of reasonably priced fabric shops. There were SEVERAL responses but most listed on line shops. That was not my intention. My intention was for us to share info and location about those store front fabric places that sold at good price. Lets do it again.

Places such as :
Mardens in Maine - several shops. I understand their prices have gone up to $4.99 per yd., but still some good buys there.
"The $1.99 Fabric Shop" in Auburn Massachusetts. Everything - cottons, dress fabric, decoratoe is $1.99 per yd Quilt fabric is mostly the big box store quality but hidden on the shelves are bolts from major manufacturers.
The same company has a main store in eastern Connecticut.

This is the kind of information we need so when we travel we know where to stop.

LeslieFrost 09-14-2011 08:48 AM

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but Mill End Textiles has good prices on LQS quality fabrics, but not the most current season. There is one is Eau Claire, WI and there are a couple of them in the Twin Cities, MN.

luvTooQuilt 09-14-2011 08:55 AM

FABRIC OUTLET - Springfield MO ( on Glenstone road just north of Sunshine road)

3.99-4-99 some boxed fabric type stuff and occasionally you can find older stuff like thimbleberries, Moda and the like..

I do not know their number nor their psychical address and they do not have a website..

CoyoteQuilts 09-14-2011 09:18 AM

Could you add the exact address and maybe a phone number?

mshollysd 09-14-2011 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but Mill End Textiles has good prices on LQS quality fabrics, but not the most current season. There is one is Eau Claire, WI and there are a couple of them in the Twin Cities, MN.

I shop in the one at Sioux Falls SD when I get there.

luvspaper 09-14-2011 11:43 AM

MaryJos -- Gastonia, NC

Cottage Quilt Shop --Taylorsville, NC

Buckeye Rose 09-14-2011 11:47 AM

What a great idea! I don't have any to add, but will be keeping an eye on this post. Addresses and phone #'s would be very helpful too.

DeniseP 09-14-2011 11:54 AM

Frank's Bargain Center in Claremont, NH. Great deals on lots of stuff. If you buy 100 yards, the price is $2.65/yard for cotton.

rte. 11/12 Charlestown Road

(603)542-2218

SueSew 09-14-2011 12:18 PM

Holice, great idea!
I'm bookmarking this - Auburn is less than an hour away from me and right off 290 and the pike, great location.

$4.99 sounds great to me as the only shops I know of in MA are LQS and Joanne's! And LQS is $10-13/yd.

I'd say anything under LQS/Joanne's prices or other bargains is worth a post!

CoyoteQuilts 09-15-2011 06:27 AM

New User CousinCousin posted this under "Nancy Jefferson"

I met a wonderful lady who has an antique store, she had fabric bolts and magazines which I bought. Nancy gave me a big bag of fabric to do quilts for local charities. Nancy like myself is a cancer survivor. Her shop is in Charlotte Court House, Va. on the David Bruce Hwy also known as 47. If some of you who live in Virginia check her out. She is a generous benefactor. 212 David Bruce Ave.
Charlotte Court House, Va. 23923. Her store is the Village Antiques and Collectibles.