Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   living in the greater Edmonton area (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/living-greater-edmonton-area-t16181.html)

cutebuns 02-03-2009 06:25 PM

I have this pretty cool sewing room that I would like to share, maybe get together with other quilters or sewers from time to time, I live just north of the city, out on a small acerage, I just recently got some new equipment. Including an HQ Sixteen. I am a stay at home mom that is in need of some encouragement to getting back into the swing of things.

sewjoyce 02-03-2009 06:26 PM

Hi and Welcome from southern Indiana!! You will find lots of friends and encouragement here :!:

Jim's Gem 02-03-2009 06:27 PM

Are you going to share a picture of your sewing room with us? I'd love to see it. I have a long arm on my wish list for someday. I used to be a stay at home mom, had 20 years at home, had to go to work when DH retired from the Navy 7 years ago. My youngest was in 6th grade then. I really enjoyed being home with them and really miss the kids now that they are all out of the house.

cutebuns 02-03-2009 06:33 PM

I don't have a pic right now, will have to take some, I have a 17 x 32 foot garage that I took over, I have a wood stove to sit by on cold winter days and a big door to open on warm summer ones. I have shelves and drawers aplenty, 2 sergers including an image from babylock, a quest also from babylock, an older brother that doubles for embroidery, a Brother PR620 and the hq sixteen. I am fully loaded with thread and all sorts of fabric, patterns etc. I am not all set up and sorted yet. but getting there. I also have a 4x8 foot cutting table.

pocoellie 02-03-2009 06:58 PM

Welcome from NE CA. Glad you joined us. Unfortunately for me, I don't live close to you. With this move, my sewing room shrank from a 500 sq.ft studio to maybe 150 sq. ft. It's barely big enough for my fabric. But in a couple of years, we'll have a real house with a sewing room. I can hardly wait. We do love lots of pictures though.

b.zang 02-03-2009 07:18 PM

I'm only about 10 hours from you. Maybe one day I'll make a destination trip to your place :) Not in the winter, though.

cutebuns 02-03-2009 07:22 PM

In the warmer weather, bring a tent or trailer, I live on an acerage and have lots of room to put you. The more the merrier, I seem to have all sorts of people (not that most of them sew) out here all the time, We just had 9 kids (only 3 are mine) for a part of Christmas break. and I think 21 kids were here for my duaghters birthday party and I think there were 11 kids when i woke still here, only 2 of them were mine.

b.zang 02-03-2009 07:32 PM

Sounds like fun - I'll keep you in mind. I have a camper but there's sure no room to sew in there!

Margie 02-03-2009 07:37 PM

WOW that sounds like a wonderful sewing room!! I live in PA...so not an "easy drive" for a sewing trip lol. Enjoy it

Margie

cutebuns 02-03-2009 07:38 PM

you can be amazed at what you can do, my parents have a small 21foot 5th wheel and my mom figured how to get sewing and knitting and crocheting supplies on hand. A little shoppin along the way. Quilting can take up more room, if you have stuff precut, it can me easier. means you have to be more organized that I usually am, It would be perfect, I have everything here that anyone could need pretty much. magazines, books, machines, patterns, kids to distract you when you need a break. I have not taken any formal classes but I read a lot, I have done lots of quilts already. Some better than others. love to have someone to come out and play and have a good time with. Love to have someone that can teach me a few things and maybe learn a few things from me.