Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Location of quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/location-quilters-t48412.html)

Peggy 06-06-2010 04:33 AM

I always check out the locations of the quilters. Have sent pm notes to some who are located near where I have lived in the past. You just never know!

vbourck 06-06-2010 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
I , too love knowing where everyone is from... in hopes of finding some near me as well. I am new and would love to meet anyone close to me that can share chats and a helping hand. :) I have come in contact with Bernie here online and hope to be able to meet up someday soon. Another is from Maryland I found as well. Many here are wonderful and helpful and I just love reading and seeing things they have posted.

Waving from near Annapolis, Maryland :) ~~~~~~~~

Waving at you from Parkville MD, have had PMs from another MD board member in Westminster in think- we should try a get together sometime too!

damaquilts 06-06-2010 04:52 AM

Any one out there from just south of the airport in GA? I have a hard time finding people who live close to me. I absolutely loved meeting the member who bought my treadle machine.

pollyjvan9 06-06-2010 04:55 AM

Hi from Oklahoma City, OK. I think it is very interesting to see where everyone is from. I already have e-mails from all over everywhere. I find it quite exciting.

Also I got an e-mail from someone named Okie who also lives in SE Oklahoma City, but I can't find any posts anywhere. If you read this e-mail me again.

Rettie V. Grama 06-06-2010 05:06 AM

TAke tours to Door County almost annually, plus the fact that my son lives in Pleasant Prairie. Love it!

have2quilt 06-06-2010 05:13 AM

Hey Jackie R,
We moved to WI in 1981, for a job change. Compared to STL we LOVE the summers. STL had such horrible heat and humidity, here it is beautiful. The winters aren't that bad, very pretty, guess we got used to the shoveling (with the help of 2 snow blowers). I enjoy watching from inside and when things are cancelled I get to use it as an excuse to quilt more!
We will be in STL in September for my nephew's wedding. Don't know how much extra time we will have. If we have any, you can let me know where the quilt shops are now. Maybe we could meet and shop! Grace

SuziC 06-06-2010 05:17 AM

I love talking to people from all over. My hubby has a hunting forum and sometimes we compare the locations of all our friends. I like knowing there is always someone (out there) who is just a click away for advise, ideas, encouragement, etc.

EagarBeez 06-06-2010 05:52 AM

I was born in Northern N.J., moved around a few places. My hubby and I are now in Eagar, Arizona, which is the base of the white mountains. I am 13 miles from N.M. I don't see too many Arizonian's here so far.

crafterbarbara 06-06-2010 05:56 AM

Today and until this Thursday we are parked near the Sacramento River in Nicolaus. Our son built a space for us with full hookups when he built his house nine years ago. We usually do not stay put this long in one place. My husband marshalls for golf tournaments and we will be going to Pebble Beach this Thursday.

I, like you find it interesting where quilters live.

applique 06-06-2010 06:04 AM

Hi Holice
I figured that was you. So many are connected with the museum and Images.
Debbie