Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Location of quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/location-quilters-t48412.html)

Katie Ann 06-06-2010 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
I would love to meet someone close to me, get together for sewins maybe.

Me too.

RugosaB 06-06-2010 12:24 PM

I'm in northwest Ohio, just a few miles from where the tornado went through last night and demolished a high school, and 3 people lost their lives. But my fabric is fine! We're in the process of finishing my sewing room so not only do I like to see how widespread quilting is, I love to see the rooms where it's enjoyed

mrsreeves2 06-06-2010 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by SandyE
Sandy E -- from Vallejo, CA (near Napa Valley)

My brother and his wife live in Vallejo! I have been there once back when my kids were little, in August 1990. We had a great time.

galvestonangel 06-06-2010 01:07 PM

I agree, we might even find quilting friends close to us as isnthatodd did. We are in the same state but a few hundred miles apart. So city and state is nice.

brushandthimble 06-06-2010 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u

Originally Posted by Quilter7x

Originally Posted by Holice
Holice is in Sturbridge, Massachusetts

i need to look at the profile again.

You must go to Charlton Sewing Center, it's just down the road from you. It's a very nice store, and if the owner (Cathy) is there, she will play the organ for you. The store is in an old church.

I've been there On a day trip. Very nice. About an hour from Boston.

I have looked it up a few times but never been there; its on my list :P

Judie 06-06-2010 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
I', in southwest Missouri about 1 1/2 hours from the Ok. line. I44 to Springfield, then up Hwy 13.

Hi Bobbielinks.. I'm in Joplin.. not far from you.. compared to where others live! Bet we could run into each other at the Quilt Sampler in Spgfld.. or perhaps at F&M Fabrics?? That would be fun wouldn't it!

morethani'lleveruse 06-06-2010 02:11 PM

Hi to all. A real newbie (joined the other day). I am in Gilford NH and am always interested in my "fellow" quilters from the great state of NH.
Can chalk up a job I once had a the mecca of quilting-Keepsake Quilting, Center Harbor, NH....but that's another story.
Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

mrsmail 06-06-2010 02:18 PM

Yes, I love to know where people are from. Wonder if anyone lives near me? Battle Creek, MI

MissyGirl 06-06-2010 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
Just found someone who lives about 20 minutes from me!!!! Who knew? I hope we can get together this summer.

I grew up in Richardson! Just a bit down the road from you! I now live in gorgeous Rapid City, South Dakota. I am hoping to meet one of the quilters on this board on Tuesday.

Missy

MissyGirl 06-06-2010 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by mrsreeves2

Originally Posted by SandyE
Sandy E -- from Vallejo, CA (near Napa Valley)

My brother and his wife live in Vallejo! I have been there once back when my kids were little, in August 1990. We had a great time.

I lived in Sacramento for 12 years. It really is a small world!