Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Log Cabin Christmas Trees? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/log-cabin-christmas-trees-t210803.html)

LindaJR 01-14-2013 10:48 AM

"maybe if I wait another year they won't remember me." Wear a wig or hat next time if you have to go back beore a year and don't take notes, just make phone calls (but really take pics with your phone). LOL Take care.

JanieH 01-14-2013 11:14 AM

Both patterns are really neat. So sorry about your LQS person. What a shame to act like that and drive customers away!

GrannieAnnie 01-14-2013 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter (Post 5785111)
I have only had one bad experience with a store. I was given an old Viking computerized sewing machine. So I took it to the nearest dealer to ask for help on how to use it. They never had time for me. They had time to try to sew me a new one but no help on the old one. There's another LQS nearby that her business has increased so much she had to move to a new building with lots more space. She and her staff are so helpful and I have bought several machines from her. The only difference is that she will charge for classes on how to use a machine if you did not buy from her. If you buy from her the classes (just the "how to" on machine usages) are free. When I bought my serger there, half the people in the class had machines they bought somewhere else and we were treated all the same. Now that's customer service!

And she'll still be in business 10 years from now, the one won't.

justme CA 01-14-2013 11:43 AM

I Googled Eleanorburns.com and they have a lot of information about their books and such. I think you will find it there or call the 800 number.

paoberle 01-14-2013 12:16 PM

I would not give my business to anyone who treated me like that.

QandE2010 01-14-2013 12:46 PM

That is so sad that the shop owner was so disinterested. I think she needs a course in dealing with people. I, personally, have no tolerance for that. I just take my business elsewhere.

sewnsewer2 01-14-2013 01:22 PM

I wouldn't shop there either!

My time 01-14-2013 07:23 PM

Well like they say...attitude is everything!! If I get a bad attitude from a shop or store, I usually never go back. We have so many choices and that includes online. Our local quilt shop in Armstrong B.C. Is a great shop. If you ladies ever come up north it's worth a visit. She'll even put the coffee on!

PghPat 01-14-2013 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388157[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by elseebee (Post 5781570)
Just before Christmas I was in a LQS when I spotted a beautiful log cabin quiltitanging on the wall. It had little Christmas trees on it and I thought it was gorgeous. I asked the store owner what it was and if she had the pattern for me to buy. She got all pouty (her usual mode- why I don't shop there often)and said it was from an Eleanor Burns book which she'd sold out of and that she was mad because everyone bought the pattern but didn't sign up for the class! She walked off and wouldn't give me any more help. (See why I don't like to shop there?)

Does anyone have any idea of what this pattern might be or even if it is by Eleanor Burns? I figured y'all would be much more helpful than the shop witch!

I obviously like Log Cabin Christmas trees also. I made this a couple years ago and can't wait to hang it at Christmas time. AND I am making a commitment to get it down tomorrow....LOL...all the other decorations have been put away for a couple weeks.[ATTACH=CONFIG]388157[/ATTACH]

PghPat 01-14-2013 08:29 PM

Sorry I am having problems getting this picture posted.