Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Log Cabin Star Pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/log-cabin-star-pattern-t106830.html)

jdiane318 03-11-2011 08:48 AM

I saw a table runner that had a Log Cabin Star and truly loved it. It combined the log cabin block and had star tips around it and would love to know how or where I can find a pattern like this. Please don't say ebay, would prefer to support some of the ladies and quilt shops that frequent here on the board.

dglvr 03-11-2011 08:51 AM

Its called the Star Spin Pattern. If you look under JanRN she did one thats beautiful. She could probably tell ya where she got the pattern. I have it but haven't done it yet but after seeing hers I want to get it out and do it too. Good luck :thumbup:

laceybritt 03-11-2011 09:03 AM

Look at tutorials here. I am pretty sure there is one.

jdiane318 03-11-2011 09:20 AM

I am talking about a traditional log cabin block that looks like a sawtooth star when the points are added. It isn't the star spin or on point, it is a square block.

MTS 03-11-2011 09:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Like this?
It's just 10 Log Cabin blocks and 4 corner blocks (although, you could out LG blocks there too if you wanted).

jdiane318 03-11-2011 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by MTS
Like this?
It's just 10 Log Cabin blocks and 4 corner blocks (although, you could out LG blocks there too if you wanted).

No, but I sure appreciate the time and effort you made to help me.

Maybe this is easier, a Sawtooth Star block and the middle is a log cabin. Just a single block is all.

MTS 03-11-2011 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It was nothing. I had those as I've been contemplating something like that for a while.

Is this it maybe? Just the block?

BKrenning 03-11-2011 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jdiane318
I saw a table runner that had a Log Cabin Star and truly loved it. It combined the log cabin block and had star tips around it and would love to know how or where I can find a pattern like this. Please don't say ebay, would prefer to support some of the ladies and quilt shops that frequent here on the board.

Eleanor Burns has a Quilt in a Day book called Log Cabin Star or something like that. I have plans to make one some day and the trick to the star is in the sashing. I have many of the log cabin blocks done. It's my vacation take-along project with blue & white scraps.

Log Cabin Stars
[ATTACH=CONFIG]127563[/ATTACH]

Alex J 03-11-2011 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by MTS
It was nothing. I had those as I've contemplating something like that for a while.

Thank you MTS you just gave me my next project. Thanks

MTS 03-11-2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Alex J

Originally Posted by MTS
It was nothing. I had those as I've contemplating something like that for a while.

Thank you MTS you just gave me my next project. Thanks

Like, how easy it that, right? :thumbup:

@Bkrenning -
Ah, well that's a possibility. I wouldn't have come up with that based on the OP's description, but it's certainly a nice layout.