Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   long arm machine - opinions please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/long-arm-machine-opinions-please-t103975.html)

glorcour 02-28-2011 08:20 PM

I am seriously considering the purchase of a long arm quilting machine and there are a couple that interest me - the Tin Lizzie 16 with stitch regulator or the Queen Quilter which I think is made by the same company OR the Handiquilter with stitch regulator.

All I need is something for home use as I do not wish to start a business and I have somewhat limited space. Do you have any advice for me?

Thanks a bunch
Gloria

Sadiemae 02-28-2011 08:24 PM

I have the HQ Fusion with stitch regulator and I love it. I do think that the 16 or Avante would really be big enough.

tuesy 02-28-2011 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I have the HQ Fusion with stitch regulator and I love it. I do think that the 16 or Avante would really be big enough.

I agree.. the Avante would be perfect.. (it's the one I want too) :lol:

AudreyB 02-28-2011 09:01 PM

I'm quite happy with my Tin Lizzie. Mine is the 18".

Prism99 02-28-2011 09:54 PM

You might want to join the homequiltingsystems group on Yahoo for additional options.

feline fanatic 03-01-2011 06:15 AM

I'd like to throw one more option at you. Consider the ABM Innova 18" throat as well. The price is very comprable to the models you mention and I believe you get a lot more machine for your $$ with the Innova. I have a 26" Innova and I test drove the HQ 16 at the time as well and I found the Innova a much nicer machine and the rack much sturdier. The Innova rack is made out of aircraft grade aluminum and has an extra rail under the take up bar to help with tension on the quilt.

lisalovesquilting 03-01-2011 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
Tin lizzie18 and the Queen quilter are the same machines. It is a super machine I love mine. before you buy one please test drive as many models as you can. You wont regret your final purchase if you do that.

This is good advice. I also have a Tin Lizzie 18 and love it. I had a lot of fun trying out different machines. A good place to do this is a large quilt show with lots of vendors. Have fun!

mytwopals 03-01-2011 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
Tin lizzie18 and the Queen quilter are the same machines. It is a super machine I love mine. before you buy one please test drive as many models as you can. You wont regret your final purchase if you do that.

The Tin Lizzie 18DLS and the Queen Quilter, although both made by Tin Lizzie, are not the exact same machine. They have different electronics inside and the stitch regulators are different. The stitch regulator on the Queen quilter still sews slowly, when the machine is stopped moving. The Tin Lizzie 18DLS machine stops sewing, when the machine is stopped. The Queen Quilter is no longer being manufactured. So, you can get some pretty nice deals on a new Queen Quilter right now. I've seen total packages for just under $5,000 advertised, which is about 1/2 of the cost of the Tin Lizzie 18DLS.

AliKat 03-01-2011 10:30 AM

I have an older HQ - the Sixteen - with the ProStitcher. I wanted the computer quilting capability. I love it!

HQ provides excellent advice. One quilting friend also had the HQ and has done all her own maintenance with help from HQ via phone.

Love the newer HQ's.

ali